87 comanche 2.5l headers upgrade

87 comanche pioneer 2.5l this week I plan on doing a cat deletion. Straight pipe and with muffler.  Anyways I like to block the egr system my question will that be good ? Also when I brought the truck I noice the last owners removed the charcoal canister. I plan on keeping that out I guess? Anyone have any other suggestions I like to hear it

is your cat bad?  I mean, it has no impact on anything unless it's clogged up. 

The EGR also doesn't hurt anything as long as it's working ok.  but I won't argue against removing it. 

the charcoal canister absorbs the fumes given off by the tank when it warms up and the gasses inside expand (and then the engine sucks the fumes out of the charcoal while it's running).  the only truck I owned that came with the canister removed smelled like gasoline on hot/still days.  :( 

I got a cheap ebay header for a 2.5 wrangler YJ and it worked great. Then just got a block off plate for the egr on the manifold and a plug for the bottom hole. Worked great. I no longer have a 2.5 but for the year I ran it, I had no issues. Also deleted the charcoal canister and ran a vented gas cap. You have to vent the tank or it will crumple/over expand

Thanks everyone for your replies 😊the trucks has 82,000 miles so I don't think cats are bad I thought cat deletion be a better upgrade .  I will also look into the vent gas cap.  I really really  appreciated the help. 

21 hours ago, 70barracuda said:

I got a cheap ebay header for a 2.5 wrangler YJ and it worked great. Then just got a block off plate for the egr on the manifold and a plug for the bottom hole. Worked great. I no longer have a 2.5 but for the year I ran it, I had no issues. Also deleted the charcoal canister and ran a vented gas cap. You have to vent the tank or it will crumple/over expand

Thank you! thank you! 😊