Bench to Buckets...

My 92 MJ has the bench seat which I don't like.. I haven't taken it out yet, but am curious what seats I can transplant in. I would think that cherokee seats would likely fit, but curious if there's any specific years I have to pick from? I just don't want to go salvage a pair and find out they don't mount properly heh.

I put '94 Cherokee buckets into my '88 bench seat Comanche. I used the mounting brackets from the bench and bolted them to the buckets. Just grind off the rivets and its an exact swap. Love sitting up higher, having the side support, and headrests too! I've bounced my head off the back window a couple of times.

The 2 door XJs have the fold-forward front seats, 4door XJs don't. Power seats are very different and should probably be avoided if you want a straight-forward swap. MJ buckets are still the easiest. car-part.com might help you find some in the junkyards.

Jeep on!

--Pete

I had two buckets out of a 4 door cherokee, just put the brackets off the comanche bench on them. The drivers seat was f'd though, so I got a new one out of a 2dr cherokee. It sits high than the ones out of the 4dr, which sat higher than the bench. I think I might mess with it to see if I can get it to go down some.

Of course, not like it matters when you own a garage queen.

• 2 weeks later...

do you have any pics? i have very nice laredo seats in the cherokee but the electric seat mounts didnt like the mud and died. i would like to mount them any particular sugestions? do any of yall have manual seat mounts for the bucket seats out of an XJ?