c101 question

I've read all the tips from cruizer and finally got some time to remove the c101 connector. I watched the youtube and was confident i connected all the matching wires to each other. One question I have though (and maybe it's a dumb question apologies in advance) but the wires that did not have a match on the other side of the connector - what do i do with those? 

Currently i have left the three or four wires unconnected to anything and taped over them so they're not potentially going to ground or anything. The truck was running good before and I don't really notice any changes, but i did notice my oil pressure guage is now broken. Could be maybe I messed something else up along the way? I'm wondering if the wires without a match on the other side were going to ground through that connector? 

Any insight or wisdom is appreciated. Thanks in advance. 

Ok good to know i'll try to see if maybe when I was wrapping stuff in conduit maybe i bumped something else. To date i've been pretty blessed without any major wiring gremlins.

Any idea what to do with the wires that don't have a connection on the other side of the c101? LIke i mentioned for now i just terminate them but not to ground.