pilot bushing

since my MJ has the pugoet tranny, and I am putting in an NV3550, is the pilot bushing the same. if not, do I use the pilot bushing for the pugoet or the NV. I remember a long time ago, do a sway on a YJ, but can't remember which bushing I used.

thanks

mike

To install a late model AX-15 into an ex-peugeot truck you would need a pilot bushing from a 70s era CJ. My guess (and this is only a guess) is that the nv3550 would need the same. It's a $2 part (which is important because there were a couple options and the other one was like $10).

I would agree with Pete as for replacing the pilot bushing. jamminz.gif I did the swap from ba10/5 to ax-15 internal slave to ax-15 external slave cylinder and notice that there is a difference between pilot bushings I’ve got lucky between ba10/5 and the internal ax-15 after that there is a difference in pilot bushings from external ax-15 and internal ax-15 slave cylinders. its a pain to get them out :brows: but its worth the assurance that you got the right stuff. I do believe that NAPA has the part and also believe that it would be the same PB as the one for the ax-15 94+ but its always good to double check

The part number is pb-77 hd (Bower) for the ax-15 swap, the Dorman line has that bushing under a different part number, and that is the $2 one.

I would get one and see if it will fit on your NV shaft, I did some checking on NAPA's web site and it may not work, or something custom may need to be done. I know others have done this swap, and may be able to confirm that this bushing will work.