Power/Comfort switch.

Ok so a few weeks ago I broke the power/comfort switch and had wired in a new one. Now it doesn't work at all. I've tried different combos for the wires going into the new switch and still feels like nothing. Now I know you guys are going to tell me I don't need it and its better to run it in comfort mode or whatever. Now thats cool and what not but it really bugs me that now it doesn't work and even if I never use it I still would like to have it working. So any suggestions and does anyone know what each of the three wires are? I dunno what is what and i'm sure thats half the problem.

actually it's better to run in power mode....it gets better mpg and power that way.

anyways, why on earth did you try to wire a new switch in? I have probably 20 stock switches laying around for any function you'd need in an xj or mj...

you probably blew a fuse by accidently grounding out the power source to it. check your fuse box(es if you have a control center in your engine compartment), and replace said fuse.

well I didn't think to ask for a switch on here so I took one of the rocker switches I had laying around and just snipped the old one off, put connectors on the ends and hooked it up to the new one. A side from the fuses i'm still convinced its because I couldn't figure out witch wire was what. I'll be checking the fuses when I get home though.

well I didn't think to ask for a switch on here so I took one of the rocker switches I had laying around and just snipped the old one off, put connectors on the ends and hooked it up to the new one. A side from the fuses i'm still convinced its because I couldn't figure out witch wire was what. I'll be checking the fuses when I get home though.

still got the connector laying around?

if ya do, then hook up the switches in the order of the colored ends you have left on the connector.

all basic rocker switches have the same setup...power in the bottom, output is the middle, ground (for the switch's light) is the top.

figure which one supplies power, and which one sends power. then which one is the ground.

JeepCo nailed it.

It's NOT a SPDT toggle switch, which is what most switches with three terminals are. It's a SPST (single pole, single throw, i.e. ON-OFF) switch, but because it's internally illuminated it requires a gound to complete the circuit for the light. If the switch you wired in is a SPDT, you can make it work but it won't be illuminated.

I don't remember which terminal is which, but one is power in (feeds both the light and the "hot" side of the circuit), one is power out, and the third is the ground for the light.

BTW -- the above info is correct, it is better for the tranny to keep it in POWER mode.