bleeding, lines, values, brakes,.....gezzz...

I have read and searched and read some more..... Can somebody tell me in Barney style...

I am going to rebuild the rear brakes, and I am so confused about the whole rear adjustment value, prop value, ?metering value? deal I can't see straight.

If I replace the rear value (the one with the rod to the rear end) do I have to replace a hard line? or make another line going to the rear brakes? Do I replace the other value in the engine bay too?? I can't find a good XJ to rob parts from so I'll just napa it or something.

I have bled and bled till I bled.... I was using a hand vac pump too.... still AIR

I'm going to replace the soft line in the rear with rubber and the two front lines with s.s. Going to replace all the rear springs,shoes, and wheel cylinders. Going to replace one parking brake cable on left, and get a new spring for my e-brake and a lil rubber bumper too.

The fronts are going to get new pad + the s.s. lines.

I think I may need a new booster and M/C, but I'm going to have wait for that one.

When I bled it; I zip-tied the rear lever to the 2 o'clock pos ( looking from rear) and the rod is gone. So, what should I do about these values?????

Can someone give me a diagram (even if its drew up in paint or drawn up on paper and scanned ) of all the brake components.....pleaseeeee :bowdown: If I can see it on paper I can better arm myself.

I really don't want to make a new line and send it to the back,but .... I will if I have to.

Can I just make a thru threaded block to bypass that lever value????

I'm in my 2nd semester of cnc classes and we have some bad @$$ Haas mills and lathes. I can make anything within reason.

Another thing is the rear drums,,,, whats the measurement till their crap?

Thanks,,,,,,jt

:cry:

We can't all be here all of the time, it would be nice, but I got to work my day job to pay for the internet connection......that is past due now......I think???

Anyway, Relax, It's not that hard, your reading too much, this has got to be the "best" topic subject on this that was ever posted here, so take your time, read it thru, Eagle posted how to blead the brakes with the hight valve in place, so you can understand the whole system.

Read this -

http://comancheclub.com/forums/viewtopi ... highlight=

Then think about what you want to do, and what most of us do, is delet the rear hight valve, and run a single line to the rear brakes, and then just cap, or what I've done, use a "t" up front from the nose port to the front under side port and done, easy right?? :D

But.......Don't forget to adjust your rear shoes first, before you start bleading, and follow the steps that are mention in the post.