Nasty death wobble

i have an 86 lb 4x4 and when i hit 44 mph, i get this real bad DW, i havent been brave enough to try to go faster to see if it stops because when i get the wobble, i practically have no steering. it doesnt increase or decrease when i accelerate or break until i hit 44. i havent tried anything with it yet and the truck is totally stock except 31's.

take a look at the track-bar is a likely culprit if you're having that bad of problems. i don't remember the torque specs on it off the top of my head..

other things to do would be have someone cycle the steering a lil left and then back right then left and watch all the components for slop while they're cyclin back and forth quickly.

worn out bushings, loose track-bar, stuff like that or a combination of a bunch of things cause it usually.

oh, and don't be fooled, tires CAN and will cause DW, so check pressure and maybe have them balanced if nothing looks to worn up front

Bad U-joints can cause it too. I had it really bad in my 88 XJ, never figured it out. Just crawl under there and see if anything's loose... Track bar, Control arm Bushings, All the tie rods, U-joints.

Also try rotating your tires.