87 4.0 won’t start

7 minutes ago, chastings said:

I suppose I need to replace the regulator before going any further as well

Yes.

Good chance you had no/low fuel pressure at the injectors. Hopefully reason for NO START. Try and siphon off as much fuel from intake as possible before attempting RE START.

5 minutes ago, Ωhm said:

Yes.

Good chance you had no/low fuel pressure at the injectors. Hopefully reason for NO START. Try and siphon off as much fuel from intake as possible before attempting RE START.

I did test it today and it showed 40psi at the Schraeder valve when cranking, but no idea how much was going through the vacuum line. I removed The fitting to the intake, cycled the key and fuel literally sprayed out of the vacuum line.

I'm surprised with 40psi on the fuel rail. Two (2) test for the fuel pump is fuel pressure and fuel flow rate. With the leaky FPR I'm wondering if your failing the fuel flow rate. Maybe someone else can chime in on this.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/13/2020 at 9:36 PM, Ωhm said:

When replacing the FPR, check the fuel return line for blockage back to the fuel tank.

Just thought I’d update. Huge thanks to Ohm! The return line was clear but the vacuum can for the FPR had ruptured and literally flooded the intake manifold with fuel. The regulator was replaced, the intake was siphoned dry and the oil

has been changed (the crank case probably had 3 quarts of fuel mixed with the oil. I’ll change the oil again after a few hundred miles but the truck is back on the road. Thanks, everyone!