Tonneau Cover

I am looking at getting a Tonneau cover for my '90 Manche (Long Bed) and was looking for some input. What I am noticing is that not a lot of the covers specify compatability with the Comanche (being out production, thats not surprising). None of the flip covers I've found do, but I've found some standard rollup ones and a couple tilt up ones that are listed as Comanche specific. So my first question is, is the Comanche bed essentially identical/compatable with any other model/brand that is more commonly found on the compatability chars for Tonneau covers? and has anyone used or is familar with the following Tonneau cover that I am thinking about picking up: http://www.truckaddons.com/Catalog/subp ... -cover.htm

read this post:

http://www.comancheclub.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6569

My first MJ (88 Eliminator) had one for an S-10 and it fit fine, didn't leak or anything. LWBs I am not too sure on since the only LWB I had I didn't want one for. But it did have a camper shell for an S-10 that fit fine, so I would think the S-10 ones would work. But maybe try some of those other ones listed in that post.

Alex

Pace Edwards has a roll-up tonneau cover for MJ's. Both long bed and short bed. Go to www.paceedwards.com. It may also help you to figure out compatibility with other trucks. I have a Pace Edwards roll-up tonneau cover that I got for my SB MJ. I got it brand new on e-bay for $100 from a surplus automotive house. It is not hard to install and looks very nice.

Keep looking on ebay for them, that is how I found this one.

Yeah, I'd read that one but since he had specified that he was looking for a 'factory' one, I didn't want to high jack his thread to talk about the aftermarket ones I am looking at. I appreciate the input, though, on the S-10 one. I had heard different things like that old ranger ones fit and that old S-10's fit and even had someone tell me old Toyota ones fit, but unless all those beds are nearly identical, and they might be, I wouldn't think it would be as easy as nearly any older model long bed tonneau would work... though maybe it is that simple.

read this post:

http://www.comancheclub.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6569

My first MJ (88 Eliminator) had one for an S-10 and it fit fine, didn't leak or anything. LWBs I am not too sure on since the only LWB I had I didn't want one for. But it did have a camper shell for an S-10 that fit fine, so I would think the S-10 ones would work. But maybe try some of those other ones listed in that post.

Alex

racepages.com and autoanything.com are a couple of sites i found that have covers for both the LWB and SWB mj's

I looked on them sites, and all I can seem to find is the soft roll up style tonneau covers. I myself am looking for a fiberglass hinged one for my 88. I know there's a guy on cardomain that has one, but he thinks I tried copying his MJ, so he doesn't respond to my questions. IIRC, his name on there is lowjeep, or something similar.

Sorry for the thread jack.

Below are the dimensions of the LB MJ and the 93 and below S10. If you can't find one Comanche specific, the S10 LB is the closest. Had an S10 camper shell on mine a few years ago, and researched it pretty well. It fit, but it was NQR (not quite right). The dimensions are close but not the same.

Below are the dimensions of the LB MJ and the 93 and below S10. If you can't find one Comanche specific, the S10 LB is the closest. Had an S10 camper shell on mine a few years ago, and researched it pretty well. It fit, but it was NQR (not quite right). The dimensions are close but not the same.

Great diagram.

So then the short bed would be 72 inches instead of 88, right?