Blower motor wont work!! Need help.

This one has me stumped.

89 Cherokee Laredo. No power to the blower motor, no power to the fan switch on the dash. No power to the resister on the lower passenger side.

Good fuse in the fuse box. The replacement of the fuse caused some smoke from the pass side foot well (couldnt pinpoint the location), I removed the fuse :eek:

Any suggestions?

Wildman, I went through the schematics you sent me, still can't find the culprit.

Just for clairification, I checked all the wiring with the fuse in it, then I removed the fuse just incase before the Jeep was driven.

It sounds like you have a short to ground. You could always run a new wire from the fuse box and cut the old one off.

Yeah, the wiring is bad somewhere. I may have to go with a new hot wire. Can I splice in a new hot wire to the orange wire off the blower, will that still enable me to use the fan switch? Or should I install the splice at the resister under the pass foot well?

It sounds like you have a short to ground. You could always run a new wire from the fuse box and cut the old one off.

Yeah, the wiring is bad somewhere. I may have to go with a new hot wire. Can I splice in a new hot wire to the orange wire off the blower, will that still enable me to use the fan switch? Or should I install the splice at the resister under the pass foot well?

Just run a new wire from the fuse box(cut the original wire coming out of the box and splice in there), run it up near the switch and splice into the power feed wire going to the switch.

This one has me stumped.

89 Cherokee Laredo. No power to the blower motor, no power to the fan switch on the dash. No power to the resister on the lower passenger side.

Good fuse in the fuse box. The replacement of the fuse caused some smoke from the pass side foot well (couldnt pinpoint the location), I removed the fuse :eek:

Any suggestions?

Doesn't make sense. The first fuse could not have been good, or you would have had smoke under the dash with that in place. And the resistor pack is under the dash on the passenger side, so that's most likely where the smoke was coming from.

It sounds like you have a short in the resistor pack. I note your post said "resistor" (singular), but there are multiple resistors. The slower fan speeds are controlled by resistors of different values. Full fan speed doesn't go through a resistor. Worst case scenario would be you hot wire the fan with no resistor, and you then have an all-or-nothing situation. But I would start by removing your resistor pack and trouble-shooting that.