Tranny swap into 4 banger

So turns out this 86 is a little odd when it came to the front dummy D30, and changing the bearings has to be done by a professional shop because its all goofy (or I could just use the bress but I imagin i would destroy the bearings the first time)

So in goes a D30 that has been graciously donated by a buddy of mine, it has all new seals and bearings and steering stabilizer and brakes, which is nice because the 86 has brand new rotors pads and the calipers were in excellent shape. so now I have two extra sets of calipers and an extra set of rotors and pads for a rainy day.

But since the 4wd front axle is going in, might as well make it functional right? otherwise its just silly in my opinion.

The auto trans in this Manche now is kind of poop (the TF999 i think)

the 3 spd auto is not highway friendly but serves the 4 banger well.

I have an extra TF727 kicking around with tcase. I can flip the tcase but will the trans bolt onto a 4 banger? the 4 spd should be a bit more user friendly.

it was off of a 360, so I thought the GM housing should be the same no?

I have an extra TF727 kicking around with tcase. I can flip the tcase but will the trans bolt onto a 4 banger? the 4 spd should be a bit more user friendly.

it was off of a 360, so I thought the GM housing should be the same no?

Sorry, but no. The AMC V8s share the same bolt pattern as the 4.0L I6. The 2.5L I4 and the 2.8L V6 use a smaller, GM bellhousing pattern. They are not interchangeable.

i think the consensus is that the TF999 is going to stay in until the deisel goes in. Once the deisel swap goes in, the NV4500 will be right behind it. but for now it makes sense just to keep the truck stock so it can be puton the road.