Brake booster upgrades

Alrighty 

this thread is going to be a complete breakdown of what parts from what year jeeps will complete this upgrade. Also what route is the best ad most efficent what route is the easiest what routes you can just make work 

Info to compile is 

which booster is easiest to use but benefits the truck the most, and if you’re in a pinch how to make the less common ones work 

which master is best to pull which don’t work at all 

which proportioning block is best with the caviot of future disc breaks.  Ie, use cherokees or grands. ( this s assuming that you’re deleting weight valve) 

an help is appreciated once as much info is gathered as possible I’ll probably compile and do I straight forward breakdown of the info for future readers. And if this has bee done we’ll point me in the direction. 

There are many different boosters that will work. 95 and later XJ with dual diaphragm boosters as well as WJ. None are a direct swap but if you own a grinder and drill you can make them work. A 95 xj booster is a perfect fit on the 91-92 mjs but requires modification for the brake light switch and pedal fitting for earlier mjs. Almost all boosters will require the same mods for the pre 91 mjs

• 5 weeks later...

Ended up using a 98 Cherokee booster master and will soon swap prop valve and elem wait sensor valve. 

I cut out maybe a 1/4- 1/2 section but I do believe I could have spaced it out with out cut and weld. 

will for sure need to get a different washer fluid bottle