another manche in my driveway

Jeepinmanch

I already have two. A 89 pioneer longbed, a 88chief shortbed (parts). Now I am going to look at an 86 with a bad 2.8 engine for 500$ It has a topper and bucket seats, which I am really after. Like I really need 3 comanches :nuts: Maybe put the bench in it and get the engine running and sell it. I will see tomarrow. Till then :cheers: :chillin:

Hey, you can never have to many MJ's :D

I was up to 8 MJ's but 2 got turned into parts, now I only have 6 :cry: With 2 of them on the road.

This is when 5 were at one location-

But I've looked at a couple this summer, just have not bought any lately.

After this weekend, they will all be at the new shop, I'll have to up-date this picture :D

You have quite the parts stock there. I am looking for some chrome light bezels and grill just like that too.

That's the '86 X your looking at, NO parts are coming off that one. That's a project MJ that I traveled 650 miles round trip to get back here ;)

Yes, a couple of MJ's and XJ's have gone for parts supply, For my projects and other's :brows:

Out of the 6 I have now, 5 will be rolling stock......some day.....The day job keeps pushing me back :cry:

The '89 Red one in the foreground is one I've gone thru, needs some sheet metal and paint yet, and is the DD.

I went and looked at the truck this morning the body is really straight needs paint, with only some surface rust red interior. Crappy dana 30 in the rear, but a dana 44 up front. I didn't they came with 44 fronts and 30 rears. PO says that the headgasket is blown is the reason the 2.8 is not running. I am getting the rig for $400 dollars now to get it 50 miles back home :brows:

... :nuts:

dana 30 is a front axle... but the 35 would be the crappy rear..

and if it has a front 44 it's most definitely NOT factory, so you've either got a headache on your hands or you got lucky and someone spent alot of $ and did it right.

but d44 was optional rear, or d35 and factory front axle was only the d30

and since it's got the 2.8 i guess its an 86 which means the fact optional rearend upgrade would be the AMC20 which is still a good axle.

...this was me a matter of a month ago...

n69205416_32298044_3047.jpg

since then the 89 (red built up one) went to TNT, the white one "above" it was scrapped, and I tore the engine out of the other red one for my 86 cherokee...so soon as I get parts off it for some guys, it goes too.

gotta love stockpiling parts though :D