NP242 shift bezel & gate in MO

schardein

Shift gate for 242, $25

Shift bezel for 242, I think this is for later models with the white/green colors (versus the older models that had orange/green colors).  Most of the color is worn off.  This one also has one mounting ear broken off, still goes in snug, $15

Both for $35.

All prices include shipping.

IMG_7892.jpg

IMG_7886.jpg

IMG_7887.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

The parts in the pictures were sold on eBay.  I don't have any complete bezels or shift gates for sale right now.  However, I do have several of the clear plastic inserts with the 242 shift pattern.  It is possible to "disassemble" a 231 bezel, remove the shift pattern insert, and replace it with the 242 pattern.  It requires a bit of skill and luck to get it apart without breaking it.  If you are interested in a 242 shift pattern insert, contact me.  Cover the cost of packaging and shipping.

1 hour ago, OldSch88L said:

I'd be interested by one of your 242 clear insert; do you have one with the orange/green font? And would you ship to Canada?

Here is what I have.  As you can see, I have one of the (earlier versions) orange/green font.  I will ship anywhere as long as you cover shipping charges and let's say $1 for packing materials.

I noticed that there are some variations in the shapes.  Look at the ends.  I've had some of these for years, so I don't remember if they broke or what.  Just be aware that the bezels are glued together and need to be pried apart to change the shift pattern insert, and then probably glued back together for use.  Assuming they didn't break.  I've had some come apart very easy, others had to be destroyed to get these inserts out (they were already damaged).

EDIT: THERE IS A PIECE THAT HOLDS THE WHISKERS IN, THAT IS GLUED IN.  THE SHIFT INSERT IS HELD IN WITH TWO MELTED TABS, AS WELL AS PARTIALLY TRAPPED BY THE PIECE THAT HOLDS THE WHISKERS IN.

The white/green versions are later (1991ish and up?).  The white lettering is worn/non-existent on these.

IMG_9360.jpeg

On 8/5/2020 at 3:18 AM, DravenBoris said:

This still available? If so I’m interested. 

OK, I just found a white/green bezel that has very worn lettering, but no broken mounting tabs.  $15 shipped.  However I do not have any shift gates right now.

IMG_9361.jpeg

23 hours ago, schardein said:

Here is what I have.  As you can see, I have one of the (earlier versions) orange/green font.  I will ship anywhere as long as you cover shipping charges and let's say $1 for packing materials.

I noticed that there are some variations in the shapes.  Look at the ends.  I've had some of these for years, so I don't remember if they broke or what.  Just be aware that the bezels are glued together and need to be pried apart to change the shift pattern insert, and then probably glued back together for use.  Assuming they didn't break.  I've had some come apart very easy, others had to be destroyed to get these inserts out (they were already damaged).

EDIT: THERE IS A PIECE THAT HOLDS THE WHISKERS IN, THAT IS GLUED IN.  THE SHIFT INSERT IS HELD IN WITH TWO MELTED TABS, AS WELL AS PARTIALLY TRAPPED BY THE PIECE THAT HOLDS THE WHISKERS IN.

The white/green versions are later (1991ish and up?).  The white lettering is worn/non-existent on these.

IMG_9360.jpeg

Yep! That green and orange one would be the one I really want! I don't really mind the shape variations; can't be worse than what I got! Took one from a 2000 Cherokee Limited anniversary edition last week a the JY thinking I could make it work, but it's too long, the positions don't quite line up and the font is a bit too Fisher-Price-esque for me! I never bought from the classifieds yet; how does the payment work? And if you need anything, you can always ask; I don't have a big stash, but one or two rare things... Diesel cluster, complete rear bumper plastic trim, one passenger side vent window handle that I never saw on any other XJ/MJ, otherwise some so-so chrome door trim stuff, 2 sets of fixed vent windows, canadian cluster with dummy lights and one or two early style, round terminal speed sensors.

10 hours ago, OldSch88L said:

Yep! That green and orange one would be the one I really want! I don't really mind the shape variations; can't be worse than what I got! Took one from a 2000 Cherokee Limited anniversary edition last week a the JY thinking I could make it work, but it's too long, the positions don't quite line up and the font is a bit too Fisher-Price-esque for me! I never bought from the classifieds yet; how does the payment work? And if you need anything, you can always ask; I don't have a big stash, but one or two rare things... Diesel cluster, complete rear bumper plastic trim, one passenger side vent window handle that I never saw on any other XJ/MJ, otherwise some so-so chrome door trim stuff, 2 sets of fixed vent windows, canadian cluster with dummy lights and one or two early style, round terminal speed sensors.

PM sent

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/10/2020 at 12:53 AM, DravenBoris said:

I’ll take the bezel off you throw in the green and red shift indicator 

I don't know how I missed your post, sorry.  I sold the orange/green indicator to OldSch88l.  I still have the bezel on page 7 and still have the other green/white indicators on page 6.  

I could let you know if I come across another orange/green bezel.

Archived