No Charging!!! Is this a GM alternator ??

What's the truck, engine, and what's the alt p/n? If it's an 88 4.0L, and you have the OEM alt, it's either a 60A or 85A. And both are Delco-Remy replacable. And they are MJ/XJ specific. Although I adapted a Nippon-Denso alt to my 91. Need more info to help you............

Yeah 89 mj 4.0l might help right!! :oops: I think I'm going to pull it this coming weekend and take it to a shop to get rebuilt. I'll see if the shop knows any way to beef it up, or tell me if I can get the insides swapped with another higher amp alt.

OK, Finally went and pulled a alt. off my 92 s-10 blazer with a 4.3L.

And its a match!! Well kinda........ I had to remove the pulley and fan, the 3 little 12 point bolts, then lift the front casing off and twist it 180* to match the jeeps. everything matches even the pulley.......

most of yous probably already knew this but .......... here's some pictures......

The one on the right is the jeeps...

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

the wheels look to be a different size so id say they arent the same when you get a new one bring your old one to the junkyard. copper is $4.50 a pound up here

I took a closer look today and went ahead and measured it. Good call, your exactly right it's .150" larger. I'm just going to swap the pulley; should be good to go. I am going to check the price of copper around here too, might be worth it to drop it off for a few dollars.