Vent Wing Windows

Ls2xjcomanche

• 3 months later...

I’ve seen quite a few in junkyards, but they all look like they’ve leaked all inside the Jeep. I’ve heard of putting wd40 or something on the glass then putting a bead of rtv on the rubber seals then closing the windows to make them seal better, but then the rtv doesn’t stick to the glass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, SatiricalHen said:

I’ve seen quite a few in junkyards, but they all look like they’ve leaked all inside the Jeep.

Yeah I have 2 sets now that I’ve pulled and between both still don’t have a good pair. I have a passenger side that looks good. Mainly just need the driver’s side now. That’s an idea! I’ve heard of putting a coin between the latch and the window as a “fix” for the leaky windows. 

12 minutes ago, Ls2xjcomanche said:

Yeah I have 2 sets now that I’ve pulled and between both still don’t have a good pair. I have a passenger side that looks good. Mainly just need the driver’s side now. That’s an idea! I’ve heard of putting a coin between the latch and the window as a “fix” for the leaky windows. 

I was doing "inventory" on parts today with intent to sell what I don't want or need anymore and pulled 2 sets out of my shed. I went to fixed windows several years ago. Let me inspect them and get back to you with pics etc if you are interested. IIRC, my pass side was fine, I bought the extra set to repair the driver side then changed my mind after I got my A/C repaired and went to the fixed style LOL. 

3 hours ago, WahooSteeler said:

I was doing "inventory" on parts today with intent to sell what I don't want or need anymore and pulled 2 sets out of my shed. I went to fixed windows several years ago. Let me inspect them and get back to you with pics etc if you are interested. IIRC, my pass side was fine, I bought the extra set to repair the driver side then changed my mind after I got my A/C repaired and went to the fixed style LOL. 

Sounds good! Thanks! I only need a driver's side window at this point. I hear yah with the A/C mine isn’t working and I’d imagine the vent windows would help a lot in the summer months.