where to find Rim size?

Hey guys. I need some new tires. I was just wondering where I would find what size to get for my rims (one the old tires, or the rims themselves?). And I was also wondering if anyone knows where I could order a set of 4 for under 300 $? running short of money and need to find some good inexpensive tires. Thanks!!

cheers, Chris. :cheers:

Hi again. I got the tire size, but the front tires are different from the back tires. the fronts are 205/75/15, and the rears are 235/75/15. should I get sets for the rear and the front or can I get tires somewhere in the middle with a width of 225 or something? so maybe 225/75/15 will work?

thanks. Chris

Hi again. I got the tire size, but the front tires are different from the back tires. the fronts are 205/75/15, and the rears are 235/75/15. should I get sets for the rear and the front or can I get tires somewhere in the middle with a width of 225 or something? so maybe 225/75/15 will work?

thanks. Chris

There is no real reason to run different sizes IMHO.

IIRC stock is 225/75/15 but mine (and every "stock" one I've seen) came with 235/75/15. The real difference between those sizes is minuscule, and both will easily fit on the stock rim.

thanks. Chris

There is no real reason to run different sizes IMHO.

IIRC stock is 225/75/15 but mine (and every "stock" one I've seen) came with 235/75/15. The real difference between those sizes is minuscule, and both will easily fit on the stock rim.

Ever own an 'old-fashion street rod, or a drag car?

There some good reasons why to run different sizes, but just not in this case. I can usually find 235/75/15 cheaper than a 225 or a 215.

The size difference between a 235 and 225 is very easy to figure out. The 235 is 10mm or 1 cm wider, and 15mm taller(7.5mm per 'side').

For metric tire sizes: P = passenger car, LT = light truck. First number is width in MM, second number is aspect ratio of the sidewall, and the third is rim size. an R before rim size is Radial

So... P235/75R15

Passenger car rated, 235mm wide, 75% of the width, Radial for a 15 inch rim. Or ~9-1/2 inches wide, ~29 inches tall, for a 15 inch rim.

Now English(American) tires sizes its all in inches.

33x12.50x15

~33 inches tall, ~12 1/2 inches wide, for a 15 inch rim.

235/75/15's fit very nicely on factory rims, IMHO

Thanks for the replies guys. I'll check out some 225/75/15's. I'd get some nice big tires, but I have no where to go wheeling. just need something to get me goin on the road. my first jeep/car too, so anything will really do. Not going to do much driving anyway (nowhere to go.)

Thanks again guys!!! :cheers: