looking for anyone with webpage designing experience

to help out with turning comancheclub.com into a real website. Thus far these are my thoughts for pages:

-main page

-MJ history

-MJotM

-original owners

-page for members: something simple with just a truck photo and owners name

-PowWows

Anything else you guys/gals might like?

I was thinking that if we could get a few people to do a page we'd be done in no time. :D I'm not looking for anything complex, I feel that simpler is better, but I'll allow free-reign for whatever the designer would like to do as long as it's easy to read and navigate.

Jeep on!

--Pete

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

are you looking for a content managed site? I see that we're already running a PHP forum, so do you want to go with a PHP site? It would make content updates easy, people posting to the ront page would never have to see the backend. I'm not sure about setting up mmber pages, but a gallery isn't tough, so maybe we could branch off that.

what's a php site? All I did was click on a few things to get the forum going, is the php website builder that easy? Got a link? It's not hard to speak over my head at this point in time, so you may need to dumb it down a bit. :D My website experience is pretty weak at best.

Jeep on!

--Pete

php is writen into/with the HTML code, it points to a data location and is displayed,

the data that is stored in that name location (a database) can be change on the fly without rewrite the page.

Hope that helps

PHP generates the HTMl on the fly based on a database that you set up. So if you want to add a new page you just go into the web interface, create a new page based on the templates loaded in the database and put in your content. Most of the blogs you see are PHP based, because they're real easy to update with new content. Depending on how the database is setup you can do just about anything with it, picture galleries, front page comments, anything really.

This particular forum is PHP actually. That's why I mentioned it, since you already have PHP running, then it's already setup on your server., and you could just load PHPnuke in or soething. It shouldn't be that hard to implement.

http://phpnuke.org/modules.php?name=FAQ ... ategories=

there's the FAQ. Once the backend was setup you would just use the front end to enter your news updates and such on the front page, or just use your member userid and pass to upload pictures to the gallery for instance. I think you've got my gmail in my user settings sned me an email, I'll give you a call, we can chat on the phone.

Ok, I've been able to peruse that link and couldn't find all the answers I was looking for. I *think* all I'm really looking for is a website builder and phpnuke seems to do a ton of things (half of which I don't understand).

Jeep on!

--Pete

I have an idea for you. ^_^ how about doing a e107 site? now for those of you who don't knwo what e107 is my site uses e107 you can take a look at that. www.clansp.clansites.com e107 is skinable so it doesnt have to look like mine does i don't remember the link to e107 ill edit when i find it... Only thing i can think thats wrong with e107 is that it took me close to 10 hours to get the whole thing set up. But the managment system is way worth it

Duh! I should have been able to guess that if I had more experience with this crap. Worked like a charm! I gotta start getting ready for a meeting with GM for my senior design project, so I'll attack the smilies when I get back. I need to find someone loacal that can actually show me what all I can do and step me through doing it. I figure it's like trying to learn a foreign language all by yourself. :(

Jeep on!

--Pete

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

i'm a professional web designer. If the forum is too bulky or clunky, I highly recommend vanilla. http://lussumo.com It's a great forum the uses CSS to style it. I'm willing to lend a helping hand in my free time for the design...p.s. phpbb is easily hackable if you don't upgrade when new patches are realesed!