whats a commanche worth

how much is it worth 88 commanche short bed sport truck 258 EFI 5 speed manual dana 44 and 30 gear box is in the bed no transfer case paint is faded BFG ATs 31 3 inch procomp lift my mate wonts $ 1750 for it and i think its to much

out here I see complete trucks driveable stock rigs go for $700 to $1500

every time I run across one

I paid $1500 for mine 3 years ago and now with the mods that Ive made

with out replacing the trans. I woud take $1000 with the trans. at least

$2000

Around here, that truck, average mileage with very little rust, good floors and paint, could bring upwards of $3000-$3500. The prices are going up.

I paid $1200 for mine with 60,000 miles, BUT it needed a complete front end. Death wobbles to beat the band. That alone would have cost someone a couple grand for what I did. My labor and most of the parts I had on hand. It also had some rust issues, but only in the rear bed and outer most portions of the rockers. Nothing on the floors. Even the rockers, there is no rust anywhere near the pinch seams, only in the cab corners and about 1/4" below the doors.

Good luck,

CW

What engine? 258? That's a 4.2 liter, and was not offered in the MJ so if that's what is in it -- it ain't the original (or the correct) engine for the truck.

A few years ago I paid $500 for the '88 shortbed, Comanche Chief, 4.0L, 5-speed, 4WD, a/c, tow hooks, 4" Trailmaster lift, 99,000 miles on the clock and the engine runs like that was the truth.

A year later I bought the '87 Pioneer shortbed, 4.0L, a/c, 5-speed, Dana 44 rear axle, for $1200.

The truck you are describing sounds like about a $500 project, not a $1750 vehicle.

[EDIT]I missed the part about the blown tranny and missing transfer case. Last year I bought a running longbed 2WD in good, solid condition for $100. I then bought an '89 2WD longbed Pioneer with the 5-speed locked in reverse for $200. If the truck you're looking at has a blown tranny and no transfer case, $200 is about what it's worth.

Paid $275 for my 90 Pioneer 4x4 short bed, manual tranny, 4.0L. It had its issues- cracked windshield, missing rear window, CPS went out about 3 months after owning it, missing parking lights, etc. Little TLC and I won't trade her for the world!!!

I have probably dropped $1000 in it. I am redoing the bed this summer and adding a lift (AAL) while the bed is off.

I just gave $600 for my 86 2.5 auto 4x4 longbed. It was a one owner from one of the prisons around here used as a farm truck. Still have the original window sticker in the glove box. But like I said was a Farm truck an looks like it was Beat all to crap an rust issues. But only has 117,000 on the clock.

What engine? 258? That's a 4.2 liter, and was not offered in the MJ so if that's what is in it -- it ain't the original (or the correct) engine for the truck.

A few years ago I paid $500 for the '88 shortbed, Comanche Chief, 4.0L, 5-speed, 4WD, a/c, tow hooks, 4" Trailmaster lift, 99,000 miles on the clock and the engine runs like that was the truth.

A year later I bought the '87 Pioneer shortbed, 4.0L, a/c, 5-speed, Dana 44 rear axle, for $1200.

The truck you are describing sounds like about a $500 project, not a $1750 vehicle.

[EDIT]I missed the part about the blown tranny and missing transfer case. Last year I bought a running longbed 2WD in good, solid condition for $100. I then bought an '89 2WD longbed Pioneer with the 5-speed locked in reverse for $200. If the truck you're looking at has a blown tranny and no transfer case, $200 is about what it's worth.

I too missed that part!!

500 would be a GIFT!!! MUCH uncertanity with bad/blown parts. Like what else was damaged and is only holding on by a thread!!!

CW