Hej. Been lurking for many years. Saw a mj in monsters ball many years ago and wanted one. Bought one later, unseen, there were many callers said seller, anyway it started and ran so i was happy. They are really rare in sweden. I see maby 1-2 a year. Even XJs are not as common anymore but not like The MJs. There were some rust issues. Replaced driver side frame and some fasteners for The arms to front axle. Loved my little truck and took care of it. Build a new exhaust with new catalytic converter. It had issues like all the time, funny gearshifts, aw4, solved with a fresh tps. Horn stopped working. Manditory for mot in sweden so fixed whit a Button instead. Then wipers stopped working, added another 3 way Button.  Brake proportioning valve stopped working, that was fun.. Skid stop at every red Light. Then it sat for a few years. Used it to haul my boat unregistred.  Took it to mot 2 years ago and they were not happy. Think there was 10 remarks. Like rear brake not working, rust, rust.. But i really like my little truck! Its now 30 years old and I don't have to pay road tax anymore and I could use it to haul stuff. I Will give it a nother chance. Took The bed of. Then i welded a new frame😂 it was gone. Never seen rust like that. My plan is to cut and replace everything rear of The cab. I'm s welder by trade but really lousy when it comes to body work. Just want it back on the road so I'm going to put a flatbed on it. Got fresh Doors, front clip and fenders from a 1999 XJ. I'm going to use a wilwood proportioning valve. 

IMG_20190908_165540.jpg

IMG_20190908_141344.jpg

IMG_20190908_213348.jpg

Needed to move The truck so tried to jump start it. I had issues before an replace starter relay. It worked for a while but not this time. Got a new starter motor and it fired up instant ly. 2 years old gasoline.. It sounds lovely. No noise from valves or anything like that. Drives and shifts perfecly. Cut and welded new frame today and really looking forward to replace floor. It was gone aswell. Its strange, its twice as much rust on drivers side. Why is that? 

IMG_20190908_124036_1.jpg

My comanche is a 1989 pioner. 4.0 4x4 aw4 d44 long bed with a triplex tow hook. Must be really Base modell. No ac, power Windows, or central lock. Plastic vinyl on Grey bucket seats. It was making noice from rear diff when i got it. Took of cover, new gasket and oil with limited slip additive solved it. Took it to a gravel field and floored it. Made two Nice long tracks so diff is working. Have got stuck in 2wd a few Times. But it Always works to put in 4wd high. 

Had problems with braking. It was lockig up The rear. I didnt know what to do so i ended up replacing brake booster with a 1999 XJ modell. It was load sensing valve that was The problem and I Took it away and put in a needle valve instead. I think it worked for a while but I'm replacing all of The brake system. New lines and new  wilwood proportion valve. Hope it works out better. 

IMG_20190908_165523.jpg

Had hoped to reuse leaf springs. It was rust where it had separated so i guess its been like this for a while. Found a guy Who is selling complete sets of springs, u bolts, dampers etc from brand new trucks. Hilux and vw amarok. I think he lifts them and sells The oem setup. Do you think it would work? Really Hard to find mj specific parts new in sweden. And its really costly to get it from The states. 

IMG_20190912_182048.jpg

IMG_20190912_182044.jpg

Screenshot_20190912-203256.png

• 1 month later...