The infamous steering box crack

Well, I found my truck has the steering box crack while replacing the radiator- the top mounting bolt, about 2" long so far.  I am looking at the frame plates, and have a couple questions for anyone thats done them- First, do I have to cut the front off them to use with the stock bumper?  it says experience may vary, but I figure somebody out there has done it already with factory bumper/mounting brackets.  Second, Do I need to worry unbolting the radiator support brackets with everything still attached? 

No don't cut the stiffener to make your stock bumper work. Completely defeats the purpose of the stiffener. You're going to have to fab a little to retain the stock bumper and the additional width of the stiffener. The stiffener is going on the outside of the unibody so you should not have to mess with the radiator support. 

you can also just add this

https://www.c-rok4x4.com/c-rok-online-store/C-ROK-Cherokee-XJ-Durango-Reinforcing-Frame-Kit-p38115458

4 hours ago, Smokeyyank said:

No don't cut the stiffener to make your stock bumper work. Completely defeats the purpose of the stiffener. You're going to have to fab a little to retain the stock bumper and the additional width of the stiffener. The stiffener is going on the outside of the unibody so you should not have to mess with the radiator support. 

you can also just add this

https://www.c-rok4x4.com/c-rok-online-store/C-ROK-Cherokee-XJ-Durango-Reinforcing-Frame-Kit-p38115458

Is the CRok better than the Rustys one I was going to pick up? I only bring up cutting because they use that as an option in the instructions.

So I hate to recommend them from the horrible mj stiffeners and behind the front bumper stiffener I got, but this is the 1 product that actually looked like it was worthwhile and accurately built. Brandon Scarsborough has it still. He is designing new mj frame stiffeners and perhaps more, I don't know ask him. I have not tried it yet though but anxiously waiting to install it asap with my stiffeners hopefully by winter on an mj once I'm caught up more.1769180943_Capture_2019-08-22-00-33-15.png.b6a117881ff129f4c1692a13e54db968.png