What fits......

Well, its warming up here in the northeast, so off came the plywood taneau I made. I REALLY would like to add a roll bar, (for looks) as well as a set of alum bed rail caps.

As we all know, comanche stuff in the aftermarket is lacking. I have herd that some dakota stuff works while others say sim year S-10 stuff fits well.

I have a line on a S-10 long bed roll bar for a good price. I wonder if it will fit. Its too far away to do a trial fit. I havent looked much for the rail caps.

Any body know for sure???

THANKS,

CW

Define "fit". Some guys care if it's a bit taller or shorter than the cab, others don't. The big question I have is, where to the rear downbars mount? to the floor? to the angled front wall of the wheelwell? to the top of the wheel well? Just about any small truck can donate a rollbar if it mounts up right. Most bars are not very "vehicle specific". Small is small. Ask for some pictures or at least some measurements.

Jeep on!

--Pete

A couple of years ago I saw some nice aluminum checker plate rail covers at my dealer's parts room. Don't remember the circumstances, but they were the wrong thing -- maybe length? They were for an early Dakota, though, and I looked at them and said, "Hmmmm ..."

I took one outside and laid it up on the MJ. Profile was perfect, but they would have needed trimming for length (I had a shortbed that day). The ones I saw bent down on the inside of the rail about 2", covered the top of the rail, and the outer flange was maybe 1/2" wide and turned down. Trim the length and they would have looked custom-made for an MJ.

S-10 stuff might work. One of my shortbeds is wearing a commercial cap I bought off an S-10.

I checked into the links...Roll bars aren't cheap are they!! Oh well, at least I know where to get it!!

I did not see any rail caps, there was a slotted thingie there but even it was for a short bed. (Sorry forgot to mention...mine is a long bed.)

Eagle,

I'll check and see if a local shop will order in some early Dakotas rail caps and let me do a trial fit. I WANT this soon, the bed looks bad with all those holes exposed!! I had my taneau on and it hid them. So now that its off....there they are looking at ya!! Do you have any places you would recomend, I look?

Thanks again,

CW

Anyone else?

I cannot seem to find bed rail caps. I would really like to get these soon!!

I was sitting next to a Dakota the otherday. He had some, those LOOK like they would work. I need to check with my local speed shop and see if he can otder something so I could check BEFORE I purchase....

CW