Front axle fluid level

I turned out plug on a dana30 1992 Comanche, is that the level of fluid the position of plug? How much does factory put in I see no more openings except the housing itself. I had some come out looked dirty . Do I suck out what’s in there I got a marine pump. And fill to level of plug?

26 minutes ago, Andrew nix said:

I turned out plug on a dana30 1992 Comanche, is that the level of fluid the position of plug? How much does factory put in I see no more openings except the housing itself. I had some come out looked dirty . Do I suck out what’s in there I got a marine pump. And fill to level of plug?

What i would do is open the diff cover to drain completely out and clean out any dirt u see in that probably bec of ur inner seal are bad and allow dirt, mud, or water to get into the gear area u will required to remove axle shaft to order remove the inner seal and replace then, then put everything back in where u were, then use RV seal gasket round the cover and be sure clean around area where cover goes to be sure it seal good and refill new diff fluid where plug are till it over fill and stop that is where level are suppose be! :L:

You're supposed to add fluid until it starts dripping out of the plug hole. Make sure you're on a level surface for an accurate fill level.

There isn't a drain plug if it's a factory Dana cover. You're "supposed" to remove the cover to drain the fluid (also gives you a chance to look for metal shavings and inspect the gears) but there's no reason you can't suck the fluid out with a pump if you know the axle is in good condition or don't care.