Knocking when driving

Hey MJ lovers!

So i have an 88 MJ 4.0 BA10 Trans

When i am driving and I approach the top end of a gear i get this knocking that i can feel in what is left of the floor. I also get it when I turn a corner too fast. I suspected it was a loose exhaust hitting the front driveshaft u joint but alas it is tight. Now I am thinking maybe trans or engine mounts?

The trans mount looks a bit old but not cracked dry rotted or missing. I havent investigated motor mounts. Does anyone have any thoughts on what else to look for? Also how can I go about checking the transmount and perhaps the engine mounts?

Thanks.

Ant

Noises while turning usually point to sway bar links or trackbar most often, could really be anything in the front suspension. 

As for hearing it in the top end of a gear, I have no clue.

Well I have already replaced U joint Hub Ball joints but it happens while not turning as well. thats why i was thinking maybe the drive train is bouncing. And i feel it in the floor almost like it is under me not in front like it would be if it were suspension

This is a good source for things to look for >>> https://comancheclub.com/topic/57071-mysterious-clunk-please-help/?tab=comments#comment-585215

Quoted from one of the replies to that link:

"Worn bushings in control arms..........those will  clunk, again, if those have been inspected.......set aside. 

Steering link will clunk, tie rod ends..........if you are assured that is not the problem...............set aside.

Gear box to frame, frame can crack, steering box lose.............inspect, tighten. 

Lastly, and here is where I think your problem is-

Track bar- If hole is wallowed at axle end..........clunk. 

If fours bolts are lose at frame end..........clunk. 

If rod end at frame bracket is bad.......clunk.

If hole on frame bracket where TB rod end is mounted had wallowed.........clunk.