Detroit Lake to Mt. Hood

Another Backcountry trip today but this time in the MJ! A buddy of mine is leading an Xterra trip this fall and wanted to check out one of the routes first. This isn't a wheelin trip, just some backcountry driving, finding a new way to get from one place to another. Did find out that I want some softer springs in the MJ though! The rough roads killed me.

On to some pics

yeah Oregon is pretty diverse. i can drive 1 hr to get to the beach, 2 hrs to get to snow (mt. hood), 3 hrs to get to the high desert, and i am surrounded by northwest trees where i live. oregon is pretty cool.

nathan

I can't wait to move there next year... :cheers:

Your pictures are very influencing!!

yeah Oregon is pretty diverse. i can drive 1 hr to get to the beach, 2 hrs to get to snow (mt. hood), 3 hrs to get to the high desert, and i am surrounded by northwest trees where i live. oregon is pretty cool.

nathan

I can't wait to move there next year... :cheers:

Your pictures are very influencing!!

NOOOO! Stay Out! J/K :cheers:

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That is a nice trip. If you want to test the 4wd take the trail under the power lines.

I know you didn't take 2207 for this trip but be warned if the snow doesn't stop you the mudslide on 2207 will.

From the Forest Service:

A mudslide on a Forest Service road is blocking access between Little North Fork Road and French Creek Road.

And officials with the Detroit Ranger District of the Willamette National Forest said it’s likely to stay that way for quite a while.

The slide earlier this week is preventing through-travel on Road 2207 about three miles north of the French Creek Road intersection.

The slide left nearly 300 feet of the road covered with mud and debris.

The road is expected to remain blocked for several months and possibly longer as Forest Service crews wait for the slide area to stabilize and for suitable weather conditions to allow crews to get in to assess the needed repairs.

The cause of the slide is unknown, although recent heavy rains and unstable soils are believed to be contributing factors.

Visitors are encouraged to avoid the area around the slide because of safety concerns because of the potential for more slides.

That is a nice trip. If you want to test the 4wd take the trail under the power lines.

I know you didn't take 2207 for this trip but be warned if the snow doesn't stop you the mudslide on 2207 will.

From the Forest Service:

A mudslide on a Forest Service road is blocking access between Little North Fork Road and French Creek Road.

And officials with the Detroit Ranger District of the Willamette National Forest said it’s likely to stay that way for quite a while.

The slide earlier this week is preventing through-travel on Road 2207 about three miles north of the French Creek Road intersection.

The slide left nearly 300 feet of the road covered with mud and debris.

The road is expected to remain blocked for several months and possibly longer as Forest Service crews wait for the slide area to stabilize and for suitable weather conditions to allow crews to get in to assess the needed repairs.

The cause of the slide is unknown, although recent heavy rains and unstable soils are believed to be contributing factors.

Visitors are encouraged to avoid the area around the slide because of safety concerns because of the potential for more slides.