Amp Issue

4 hours ago, Dzimm said:

If it's labeled that way and not working, use a voltmeter to check it, should have power at all times no matter what source the audio is from.

:beerchug: it was mislabeled. Put my volt meter on the remote wire and it only came on when tuner was selected 🤬. The other power antenna wire was activated on all options.

I still have issues though. I have the rca cables on the rear at both ends but I only have one speaker working?? Technically 2 if you include the overhead speaker paired up with it. Not sure what is going on now. It does sound pretty darn good though. I can only imagine how it will be if I get the other four working. I appreciate everyone’s help on this.

30 minutes ago, Drahcir495 said:

:beerchug: it was mislabeled. Put my volt meter on the remote wire and it only came on when tuner was selected 🤬. The other power antenna wire was activated on all options.

I still have issues though. I have the rca cables on the rear at both ends but I only have one speaker working?? Technically 2 if you include the overhead speaker paired up with it. Not sure what is going on now. It does sound pretty darn good though. I can only imagine how it will be if I get the other four working. I appreciate everyone’s help on this.

Glad the rem wire is sorted.

Now your speaker issue, try plugging a non working speaker into the channel from the amp you know is working, basically swap the speaker wires around at the amp.  This will tell you if it's the amp side or the speaker side.  

7 hours ago, Drahcir495 said:

I am starting to believe that there is something wrong with the amp itself. I am going to try out another amp that my buddy has and see what happens with the system then. I will report back lol

Did you try swapping speaker wires? 

One of the worst things you can do when having an issues is swap parts out willy nilly.  Without proper testing, you will throw away good parts and totally confuse yourself.  You may try the new amp and unintentionally hook something up different and it works, or give a wire a better connection from swapping it to the new amp.  This will then make you think the old amp was bad even though it's not.  

25 minutes ago, Drahcir495 said:

Good point. I had it come in for a split second then back to one speaker. I am going to clean up all the connections on the amp and see what that does.

Check the speaker connections as well.  Going in and out sounds like a bad connection somewhere.  

• 1 month later...

Thank you all for the help :beerchug:

The amp control wire was on the power antenna wire as you helped me figure out. No matter what I tried with the amp I couldn’t get it to work properly :brickwall:. I ended up getting a new Kenwood amp and it worked perfectly. :L: