Brake Line and Brake Line Fitting Sizes

The master cylinder on my 1987 MJ went out, and I am trying to swap it out. Everything has gone fine, until it was time to take the brake lines off the old master cylinder. I quickly learned that the fitting was completely seized and would not move. My father and I actually broke the fitting while trying to get it off with vice grips. I now need to buy a short brake line and fittings, and I was going to undo it from the proportioning valve. My main issue now is that I don't know what the size the line is. I've heard it may be 1/4, since it comes straight from the master cylinder into the proportioning valve, but I'm not certain. I also have no idea on how to find the correct brake line fittings. Any advice would be appreciated.

2 hours ago, CptVanGuard said:

There is one the the engine bay.

Not if your MJ is stock. The stock MJ "thingie" below the master cylinder is not a proportioning valve. It has no proportioning function. It's a distribution block and a brake failure warning light switch, and that's all it is.

Brake_Blocks_Both_02.JPG

Not if your MJ is stock. The stock MJ "thingie" below the master cylinder is not a proportioning valve. It has no proportioning function. It's a distribution block and a brake failure warning light switch, and that's all it is.

Brake_Blocks_Both_02.JPG.aadd6b9f40071e843e5ea20dc9f5184c.JPG

Ah. Gotcha. That is what it is. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk