Just finished installing the Xj fuel tank on the rear; under the bed, where spare tire would normally go. It wasn't too difficult lol. I'm tackling the whole project from the bottom because she's my daily driver and don't want to remove the bed, plus the Dakota tank is still functioning inside the tool box on the bed. That's the main reason I'm doing this mod, I want to use the tool box as one. Cutting the crossbrace support was not a good idea but I will make up for it later. If the truck falls apart do to this I will share with you I promise. Anyways I plan to install a skid plate later when the pockets are right. I still have to connect the lines and filler neck but that will be another day. More info on the pics below. Also at this point I'm pretty much up to date with whats been done to the truck. feel free to comment or ask questions.

Image may contain: car

No photo description available.

Image may contain: shoes and outdoorNo photo description available.Image may contain: airplaneNo photo description available.

half of rear crossmember had to go to clear it. I could have gone with other tank setups like tj. But this works too. I will re enforce the frame later.

Image may contain: outdoor

Took all the oem brackets that were spot welded. This was a btch but they were never gonna be used so i just removed them. When I undercoat the truck it will look neat without them.

Image may contain: car and outdoor