Adding AC to 2.5Litre

Hey guys,

Question. Since the 2.5L and 4.0L share similar mounting bolt hole locations for the accessories like the alt and power steering. Is it at all even possible to snag everything AC from a 4.0L Renix and mount and use on a 2.5L? I have not seen anything that discusses this and 2.5L anything is getting rare, especially in AZ. Figured id ask this before I go asking for parts.

I see you have a want ad posted.

The only part that is not easy to find is the compressor bracket..........the part is 2.5 specific and you must find one for the '88 serpentine drive - '87 to '91. 

Rockauto has the compressor. 

All under dash components can be found from any 87-91 XJ or MJ, does not matter if 2.5 or 4.0.

Hoses will have to be made, see JeepAir.com

Condenser and dryer can be configured from other models, I'm thinking of using a Compass condenser for my V8 conversion with all hose ends to match.....again see or call JeepAir. 

IOWs you can put this together, part are all out there...........AC bracket and the Alt bracket that goes with the AC bracket, I have the alt bracket and a 105 alt if you need it. 

I have honestly contemplated buying parts for the 4.2Litre AC system minus the core, lines and compressor as the part numbers for both engines are the same. Orrrrrr I hunt down the H.O. brackets but I do not know how well those will line up with the rest of the pulleys.