Vacuum reservoir

Hi,

Fixing up a 1988 Pioneer LB 4x4 4.0 5 spd

Truck is in pretty good shape, but need to correct a few issues:

HVAC only blows to vents (suspect Vacuum leaks)

CC not working (also suspect Vacuum leaks)

Ordered the two Dorman vacuum harnesses - 46003 & 46004 but not sure those are going to fix this problem:

PO threw a football/blimp reservoir up on top of the motor (see pic) which looks new, but I don't think it has enough ports - from what I have read in the threads and a few pictures, the one that should be in my truck has either two or four ports that lines go to.....

Specifically trying to fix the HVAC thing first - there is one the small diameter hard vacuum lines running down toward where the factory reservoir was - it is broken off near the front of the compartment - am guessing that went to the reservoir along with the larger line that is now attached to the current reservoir.  I think that may the line that controls the blend doors...can't find it on any schematic.

Question:  can I just use tees from Napa or wherever to bring all the correct lines to the current reservoir I have with just the one port (or fitting)?   Or do I need to find and exact match to the original reservoir (which I do not have) with multiple ports and make sure each line goes to it's respective place?

Appreciate any help.

SC 

JC Vac.jpg

That should be the correct reservoir. AFAIK, there were only two. The one for vehicles w/o cruise control were round, the one for vehicles with cruise control were oblong, like the one you have, and have two chambers -- one for the cruise control and one for everything else.

13 hours ago, Eagle said:

That should be the correct reservoir. AFAIK, there were only two. The one for vehicles w/o cruise control were round, the one for vehicles with cruise control were oblong, like the one you have, and have two chambers -- one for the cruise control and one for everything else.

Copy - but the oblong one I have now has only one input port/fitting - the pictures show the factory one with multiple ports (for the two chambers) - I will look for a correct replacement, but for now, think it will work if I just tee all the lines together and run them into that single port?

SC

15 hours ago, JMO413 said:

IMG_20190319_181740458.jpg.2bb9e2ba944614165c21389983f35086.jpg

Factory reservoir with cruise. One end is cruise the other is HVAC.

IMG_20190319_181752193.jpg.671ebfd3206c283cff040939f1134db9.jpg

IMG_20190319_181758988.jpg.9a6084b31084f8e738c5dd1d2b010c6c.jpg

IMG_20190319_181922222.jpg.17331b571c2faea7ffd049a06d3be428.jpg

Right under the coolant tank is where the vacuum lines run for the HVAC. Gray is vacuum in, red is vacuum to the coolant valve.

Yep - that picture says it all - pretty sure that is the reservoir I am supposed to have, the one currently on the truck looks like that one, but only has a single fitting or port to attach vac lines to - the one in the picture has 4 - 2 at each end.

Think I can get by with my single port one by tee-ing all the lines together for now?

SC