Lund Visor Wanted

NEO auto

Just so you know right off the bat, XJ and MJ Lund visits are different and do not interchange properly. 

Real Lund sun visors pop up occasionally.  Moon visors (lighted) rarely come up.  Which do you prefer?

There is a guy doing reproductions of them and are very accurate except for the lights on the lighted ones.  He has a post in the "vendor" section.

42 minutes ago, Dzimm said:

Just so you know right off the bat, XJ and MJ Lund visits are different and do not interchange properly. 

Real Lund sun visors pop up occasionally.  Moon visors (lighted) rarely come up.  Which do you prefer?

There is a guy doing reproductions of them and are very accurate except for the lights on the lighted ones.  He has a post in the "vendor" section.

Thanks for the tips.  I haven’t decided whether to go with the lighted or non-lighted visor.

5 minutes ago, NEO auto said:

Thanks for the tips.  I haven’t decided whether to go with the lighted or non-lighted visor.

I personally think the lighted one would look great on your truck, but only if you get the proper Lund style of lights that wraps around the front edge of the visor, the repop ones have tiny dome like lights on them and those just don't look right to me.

9 minutes ago, Dzimm said:

I personally think the lighted one would look great on your truck, but only if you get the proper Lund style of lights that wraps around the front edge of the visor, the repop ones have tiny dome like lights on them and those just don't look right to me.

Like this?435D153D-7A45-4031-AA9A-CECFD41BFB97.jpeg.1105534874b7b657877d15499678c6cf.jpeg

18 minutes ago, Dzimm said:

Yup that's the one.

I have to agree with you.  The original style looks pretty good.  If I were to get a repo, I would go without the lights.  But an original moon visor would be awesome.

2 minutes ago, NEO auto said:

They can be however they need to be recessed into the fiberglass so they lay flush.  You'd have to dremel out the area and reinforce it from the back with more fiberglass.  I had originally planned to do that when I found an MJ visor but I bought an XJ moonvisor to officially determine if there was a difference between the MJ and XJ. 

During the time I owned it, I realized it would be risky to retrofit the Lund lights to a sun visor due to the dremeling and fiberglassing.  It can be done and wouldn't be hard, just have to be willing to lose some money or have to do repair work if you screwed up.  I have zero experience with fiberglass work like that so I decided not to do it.  That was a couple years ago, now I probably would go for it.

1 minute ago, Dzimm said:

They can be however they need to be recessed into the fiberglass so they lay flush.  You'd have to dremel out the area and reinforce it from the back with more fiberglass.  I had originally planned to do that when I found an MJ visor but I bought an XJ moonvisor to officially determine if there was a difference between the MJ and XJ. 

During the time I owned it, I realized it would be risky to retrofit the Lund lights to a sun visor due to the dremeling and fiberglassing.  It can be done and wouldn't be hard, just have to be willing to lose some money or have to do repair work if you screwed up.  I have zero experience with fiberglass work like that so I decided not to do it.  That was a couple years ago, now I probably would go for it.

I sent a PM to the vendor to see if he could do it. Fingers crossed!

Just now, NEO auto said:

I sent a PM to the vendor to see if he could do it. Fingers crossed!

Hopefully he will!  I asked him a couple years ago on Facebook and all he would do then was the dome style, he actually pointed me to a light kit like you posted and said I could retrofit it myself.  

If he won't do those lenses for you, he may at least be able to add reinforcement behind the lip so you wouldn't have to mess with that yourself.

14 hours ago, Dzimm said:

Hopefully he will!  I asked him a couple years ago on Facebook and all he would do then was the dome style, he actually pointed me to a light kit like you posted and said I could retrofit it myself.  

If he won't do those lenses for you, he may at least be able to add reinforcement behind the lip so you wouldn't have to mess with that yourself.

I drew the lights on the visor.  Used the black truck as a reference.

Visorr_Compare.png

• 1 month later...