Driving 8hrs from Buffalo to NYC is....

rockhardzj

...F*cking Boring!

8hrs of extreme boredom, dropping 4 axles and a tcase off on the way.

Unfortunately, during the day, my activities are limited to what's in and around my sister's apartment (people watching (if I see hot chicks, Ill try to snap pics :brows: ), TV, and surfing the net from my cell phone. I will be able to post in the evening and night, when my sister's laptop is around, but otherwise, its a real PITA to do from my cell phone.

I had to make an emergency almost last minute trip down here to help my sister out as her YJ's rear end started grinding and stuff really bad, so I hooked the trailer up to the WJ, and headed out.

I'll be here all week, and back to my more normal routine hopefully next week.

I'll try to keep myself updated with the world of Comanche's as much as possible, and should be online on the messenger systems at night...

Just so everyone knows I didnt die yesterday or anything... ;)

Well, I got a few new toys out of it, including a 7gal air tank that will be going into the bed of my truck and will eventually get run by a york air compressor.

I got a few other goodies as well, including a set of deep impact sockets, so I can't complain too much.

Yea, I'm a good brother, but hey, she's done a lot for me, so its probably the least I could do.

The YJ will be loosing it's axles for a week or two, while I send them off to my buddies shop to get them rebuilt, and new alloys out back, possibly up front as well, along with new seals anywhere and everywhere, and possibly regearing as well.

When my rear end goes will you save me? Your one hell of a bro! :bowdown:

If he thought 8 hours was boring, I don't imagine he'll survive the road trip from NY to Cali. :D

And for the record 8 hours is nothing. My house is 24 hours of driving from Moab (probably turned out to be more than that since my truck couldn't always do the speedlimit) and it was just me and the dog with no radio (couldn't hear it over the road noise). Disney Word is 19 hours away. My sister lives 12 hours away. And if I remember right, The Badlands is about 10 and Rockport offroad park is 11 and change. But as much as I love the open road, I do wish I lived closer to some good wheeling. :( sigh...

I essentially took the 90 from buffalo to batavia, cut down the 81, i think it is to the 390, took that to 15, then to 17, and down 87 to the 287, hooked off the highway down the road a mile to find out I got the wrong key for the apartment mailed to me, so I had to wait for like 45mins for a maintenance guy to get in.

Not a bad drive, and even with the trailer, I didnt really notice it much when laying into the skinny pedal to go up hills, besides the longer shift points, the WJ did a wonderful job at towing. It doesnt tow with a rig behind it often, but I am beginning to think I may need to talk my sister into some adjustable shocks for the rear to keep the rear off the ground a little more when loaded with a vehicle.

Trailer has a YJ on it right now, so it's loaded. I can get good axles cheap to free locally, but thanks for the offer!

Actually, come to think of it, I saw a kind of crusty brown MJ in the Corning area, wouldn't have been you, was it?

I was driving a blue WJ with an 18' half-open center trailer.

Trailer has a YJ on it right now, so it's loaded. I can get good axles cheap to free locally, but thanks for the offer!

Actually, come to think of it, I saw a kind of crusty brown MJ in the Corning area, wouldn't have been you, was it?

I was driving a blue WJ with an 18' half-open center trailer.

Nope, wasnt me. I have a silver MJ, and she is in the garage. I use my silver TJ as my DD right now. A few MJ's running around here, don't recal seeing a crusty brown one though.