Fuel Gauge Not Working - Any Advice?

I have been dealing with the same problem for weeks now. Called every place i could find across the country. Midwest jeeps had a complete tank they wanted to sell me but wouldn't just remove the sending unit. It was 75 plus 60 shipping. Ended up ordering one for a 90XJ but i will need to modify it to work when it arrives. Seems the XJ route is the closest thing we can get for a replacement. Hopefully it works. Good luck

• 4 weeks later...

I bought one of these and after checking the OHM's (4.3 ohms down and 96.1 ohms up) I took the sending unit off the new "pump stand" and installed it on the old one.  I put about 8 gal. of gas in a brand new bone dry tank and gauge shows right at 1/4 tank.  We haven't  filled it yet as it's still a work in progress but it is starting and running under it's own power.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-OUT-OF-BOX-SF8953002492-Fuel-Tank-Sending-Unit-86-87-Comanche-23-5-Gallon/183280706816?fits=Year%3A1986|Model%3AComanche|Submodel%3ACustom|Engine+-+Liter_Display%3A2.5L|Make%3AJeep|Trim%3ACustom+Standard+Cab+Pickup+2-Door|Engine%3A2.5L+150Cu.+In.+l4+GAS+OHV+Naturally+Aspirated&hash=item2aac61a500:g:GW0AAOSwDZ1bKE29:rk:11:pf:0