Overland Built Manche...on going

New jeep looks awesome! Man I want to build that rear bumperon your comanche, what material did you use for the swing out part?

Again, new jeep looks good and you work fast for only having it a year.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Pete M said:

yeah, no kidding!  :drool:

Lol thanks.  Time off for the new kid and holidays helped.

3.5" metal cloak game changer lift, falcon 3.3 shocks, metal cloak steering, chromo rear shafts, rcv front axles, 4.88 gears, 35" cooper sst pro, front and rear driveshafts w/ 1350 u joints.  Inner fender liners, front and rear bumpers and tons of stuff inside.  It's been fun but another level from the XJ and MJ life I've been living.  But it meets the comfort needs of the little ones and most importantly the bosses (wife) lol

4 minutes ago, 87Chief said:

New jeep looks awesome! Man I want to build that rear bumperon your comanche, what material did you use for the swing out part?

Thanks.  Comanche funded some of it.  Sad to sell it but hurt even more to finish it and have it sit.  It went to a good home and I'm sure it will pop up somewhere on here. 

The bumper I used a JCR DIY bumper.  Then bought the hindges and tire carrier parts from ruff stuff.  They have amazing fab parts and top notch quality.  I sourced some square tubing 1/4" wall from a local place to build the rest.  Not my first bumper but they are time consuming to get right.  That's why the new jeep has off the shelf bumpers.  Wife said if I build another bumper bad things will happen lol.  I have more pics I can post of the bumper.  It was to crazy just lots of measuring because the clearance between the tail gate and where the swing outs mount is tight.

17 minutes ago, 87Chief said:

Here is the material I used.  MIG welder, band saw and a LOT of flap discs lmao

20200303_174155.jpg

Awesome so just some 2" square tubing 1/4" wall.

It would be awesome if you had more pictures. I might steal your idea if that's ok.

Maybe you could pm them to me, don't want to high jack the thread with a bumper build.

Thanks! Awesome fab work

56 minutes ago, 87Chief said:

Awesome so just some 2" square tubing 1/4" wall.

It would be awesome if you had more pictures. I might steal your idea emoji849.png if that's ok.

Maybe you could pm them to me, don't want to high jack the thread with a bumper build.

Thanks! Awesome fab work

Steal away lol.  I had the idea for a long time and I got some inspiration from a lot of guys with toyotas.  They build dual swingouts all the time have some clever ideas.  I have a lot more pictures I'm pretty sure.  I can show you what I did and what I'd change.  Just PM any questions you got.  Take a look at ruff stuff and there bumper tire carrier kit.  I just ordered another hindge for the dual swing out.  They were over kill for sure but worked great.