Steering Parts Help

Hey, all. I need to swap out my tie rods, ball joints, center link, drag link on my 1988 4wd 2- door MJ. 

I'm not looking to upgrade to beefy stuff, just for general repair of my stock vehicle. 

Here lies my problems...I don't know what models are interchangeable....also, I'm finding parts for tie rods for 20mm and an 11/16x18 but unsure what the heck I need. 

Help! Thanks. 

FB_IMG_1541956861112.jpg

4 hours ago, 88MJ said:

I'm not looking to upgrade to beefy stuff, just for general repair of my stock vehicle. 

Here lies my problems...I don't know what models are interchangeable....also, I'm finding parts for tie rods for 20mm and an 11/16x18 but unsure what the heck I need. 

Where are you looking? Steering components for all models of the MJ (Comanche) are the same, and in general the Comanche steering components are also completely interchangeable with the XJ Cherokee (not the Grand Cherokee -- the Cherokee).

And if you going to change it all the ZJ is swappable. The main reason is that the ZJ tie rod is a solid piece not two tie rods screwed into a long hollow adjuster sleeve. When I replaced mine it needed all the tie rods and the ZJ parts are the same price and stronger. The picture below is the complete setup on my Comanche. It also gives you a little more room if you need to pull the front diff cover.

15419884840281873764891865625902.jpg

https://comancheclub.com/topic/43867-relatively-cheap-tie-rod-upgrade/

This is the link in tech that I read. We are all driving almost 30 year old trucks if not over 30. The whole set up seemed like a good idea especially with how easy death wobble is to have. Glad I did it all. Trucks drives and steers great even at 70 on 31" mud tires