ID Some Renix Stuff

I have a ’97 motor and head with all the renix stuff in my mj. I began going through everything the mechanic did in the swap for the po and there’s some disconnected stuff and some other stuff I can’t find in the fsm and my xj doesn’t have it. Here's some pics. tipshades.gif

Along the fender next to the air filter is an actuator. What is it?

imgp0120-1.jpg

The ’97 head doesn’t have the temp sensor so I have a disconnected sensor wire. So I don’t have an idiot light?

imgp0127-1.jpg

The blue vac line doesn’t have anything to connect to. Below the other colored lines all go to a vac manifold. Is this a breather or vac?

imgp0112-1.jpg

The ‘97 ho t-stat housing has a temp sensor and the connector was cut off and extended to a connector coming out of a wire loom underneath next to the motor. Is that the computer control? I pulled the two wires up for clarity.

imgp0132-1.jpg

this should be the coolant temperature sensor for the ECU (drivers side of motor, below intake/exhaust manifolds.

this is what my PO did for the temp gauge:

here you can make out that blue vacuum line which is plugged the same way on my truck

miscellaneous vacuum and throttle body area:

other vacuum by drivers fender, please ignore my hack-looking relay (for the dual electric fans)

The blue vac line doesn’t have anything to connect to. Below the other colored lines all go to a vac manifold. Is this a breather or vac?

imgp0112-1.jpg

This is part of the CAD setup.

The ‘97 ho t-stat housing has a temp sensor and the connector was cut off and extended to a connector coming out of a wire loom underneath next to the motor. Is that the computer control? I pulled the two wires up for clarity.

imgp0132-1.jpg

The HO has the thermo switch for the electric fan on the t-stat housing. The Renix setup had it on the radiator. Depending on if your radiator/cooling system was converted to the open system would help determine what exactly the wires are going to.

imgp0120-1.jpg

are you sure that's an actuator? it looks like a vacuum reservoir...if there are wires leading to it though, I bet that the cable coming out of the end goes to your throttle body. that would be a cruise control servo for an aftermarket cruise system.

Thanks for the pics. The vac lines pic look like mine except for the big black part on yours has large tubes extending out from the large orfice and mine has a broken one on one side and nothing on the other. Where do those lines go? I will look for that sensor down below in your pic tomorrow but that is where the extended lines are heading.

imgp0136-1.jpg

I have the sensor in the rad and it is connected. It still has the closed system.

The fsm shows the cad vac system with a breather that must be the blue line. I guess it doesn’t connect to anything.

The actuator pic shows a ball chain with a round connector at the tag end of the cable coming out of the big black thing (actuator). It sure looks like it would connect to the throttle body linkage somehow. I have the stock renix linkage going to the stock throttle body. This is a sportruck basic model with no crusie control but that’s what it looks like or maybe it closes the throttle body when the engine is shut off. I don't know it's not hooked up.tipshades.gif

.imgp0120-1.jpg

It looks like a renix knock sensor is installed where the temp sensor would be on a ’97 ho motor. The temp sensor in the ho t-stat then controls the ecu since it has been spliced from up above to the connector down below for the ecu temp sensor according to the fsm. The third connector is the o2 sensor.

Does anyone see a problem with that? tipshades.gif

imgp0154-1.jpg

Now I don’t know what I will do for the open cooling swap since I thought I would use an ho t-stat temp sensor instead of the rad sensor.