is anyone up north looking for a chromed out longbed to restore?

Pete M

there's an 86 X nearish to me that is screaming my name but I don't have the $875 to listen. :(  so I'm letting the rest of you know about it so hopefully someone can save it. :D  It's just a 2.8/auto/2wd, but looks dang clean.  I'm willing to lend a hand acquiring it and even temporary storage space to someone looking to restore it (drivetrain excluded obviously) and care for it.  If you're just looking to slice and dice and beat on it, you're on your own.  I have not seen it in person, only grainy pics, so I don't know the details (aka, hows the the floor or why it doesn't run).

https://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/cto/d/jeep-comanche/6733863591.html

01010_6ur9ujtyzbP_600x450.jpg

00V0V_1IQMDDiTvSh_600x450.jpg

00T0T_jI13r3ekGPP_600x450.jpg

couldn't help myself.  called the guy and went up to look at it.  rougher than I thought (aren't they all?).  some cracking bondo at the back left top corner and the pass door (something about a dropped ladder many years ago).  rear bumper is tweaked in each corner and rusting on the backside.  but that and the tailgate handle was the only rust I could find.  the engine is toast.  maybe.  the previous owner thought he heard some low end knocking and started an inspection but didn't get passed removing the harmonic balancer (which is now missing) before he had an accident in his other car.  truck has been sitting for a couple years now.  the tilt steering is messed up.  pulled back the corners of the carpet and the pad I could touch was dry.  there was water on the carpet though so something somewhere leaks.  oh, and there may be some back taxes if registered local.

Essentially it's an ok rolling chassis in need of a drivetrain swap.  so... it's overpriced.  But people keep telling him about all the $3000 MJs and he thinks is gold (and not just in color).  He's moving to FL but didn't give a timeline but that might make the sale more pressing?    I dunno.