WTT '73 Honda CB500 for LWB Comanche in or near NC

coheed

Looking to trade my 1973 Honda CB500 for a long bed Comanche. Really only looking for a long bed at the moment. Engine and drivetrain don't matter as much, so long as it runs and drives. My bike is located in Maiden NC but I can transport the bike within 4-5 hours for the right trade. I've got the value of the bike in the $2500-2700 ball park, and I can't add cash to the deal at the moment.

Onto the bike. I've replaced a few connectors, adjusted the timing, valves, timing chain, and clutch, changed the oil, put a new battery in it (Feb 2018), rebuilt the petcock and replaced the fuel hose with the proper 5.5mm line. I am in the midst of getting rid of the nasty dull silver a previous owner sprayed over the original Candy Bacchus Olive. The original paint is faded, but I think the OE paint looks better than the silver even with all the sun fading. The tank is dented on the left side in the center of the emblem. 

The side covers are not the originals, though they are Honda produced and not a repro, and the right cover has the bottom tab broken. They are not in the photos, but I do have the emblems for the side covers. The rear hoop had the OE turn signal mounts cut off when I got it, so I just mounted up some cheap signals. It currently has pod filters on it. The exhaust looks like a Mac header that someone welded a different muffler onto. I think it's a Cobra, sounds decent and not insanely loud like a straight pipe. I have pulled the clutch cover and the infamous clutch rod. I couldn't find any stress points on the rod, and it is not bent, so that shouldn't be any issue.

Replaced a couple of the oil seals and the tappet bolt o-rings. Still seems to leak a little around cylinder #1 at the head gasket. The stock wiring harness is in fantastic condition and there are no issues electrically. Chain and sprockets are all in good condition. I also have a bunch of new oil seals, points set, condensers, and a new set of plugs to go with the bike (and whatever other parts I have for the bike).

This is a running riding bike, with no functionality issues and a clean NC title in my name, so I expect trade offers in the same general condition.  Don't have any money to throw into a project at the moment hence wanting a running driving Comanche.

IMG_3586.JPG

IMG_3587.JPG

IMG_3588.JPG

IMG_3589.JPG

• 3 weeks later...