It's dying?

So today on the way into work going over 472 just past I-4 I hit 65mph, let her idle a while like I normally do (foot off gas, clutch in) and It shut off?! She wouldn't roll back over either with the clutch in cruising, so I was lucky enough to roll straight into the next parking lot. wouldn't start normally. Had to give it a little bit of gas pedal to get it, she died almost immediately after starting. I rolled it over again and played with the gas pedal till she idled on her own. She Idle REALLY LOW, maybe 300rpm? started sounding like a rod knock or sticking. but only 1 rod. Tried hunting for it for about 5mins, couldn't locate it. Got back in, revved it a little bit, and it died when I let off. Started again, Knock is gone? Gave up on my search  to make it into work (luckily on time still) I had to keep on the gas a red lights or she would shutoff with the low idle.

(extremely hard for me had to keep 1 foot on the gas at almost all times, and switch my clutch foot between the brake/clutch pedals... Damn does she stop SHORT with my clutch foot!)

Thoughts? I can't have this Jeep dying on me, It's my only way to work right now until my dodge gets her block machined.

Please don't tell me this is an electrical issue as well.. I will gut all the damn electrical out, I'm getting tired of this. lol

Things attempted so far,

- Locating Phantom knocking?

- Removing Spark wires (1 at a time) couldn't tell a difference between any of them.

Try cleaning the throttle body, especially the Idle Air Controller (IAC). Throttle position sensor might also do this if it's on it's way out, or maybe if it's not adjusted correctly. 

Have you gone through Cruiser's tips at www.cruiser54.com?

At extremely low idle speeds it'll knock a bit. Not much oil pressure at 300rpm. 

8 minutes ago, gogmorgo said:

Try cleaning the throttle body, especially the Idle Air Controller (IAC). Throttle position sensor might also do this if it's on it's way out, or maybe if it's not adjusted correctly. 

Have you gone through Cruiser's tips at www.cruiser54.com?

At extremely low idle speeds it'll knock a bit. Not much oil pressure at 300rpm. 

I've done the refresh on most if not all connections. I'll pull the throttle body off and try cleaning it out, any recommendations on it? my first thought is just break cleaner, but i'll search a bit too before hand.

It ran fine the last time she drove, Saturday. I think to get home, I'll just shove something in between the idle limit to raise it so i don't have to risk having someone rear end me all the way home.

So I can probably safely rule out something being thrown at 300ish rpm idle lol

check your fuel pressure make sure it is constant 31 psi and not dropping. 2nd I would check to see if your o2 relay is working. A bad connector on o2 relay can cause rough idle, low idle and dyeing.

As above said clean your IAC. I would take it out clean it, check the spring and clean the throttle body from IAC hole and from butterfly hole.

One question when you start from cold does it rev a little higher then go down as it should? I have seen bad connectors on IAC and seen the IAC just go bad and not move.

A small trick if your stuck with low idle and dying after warm, but idles good at start and cold idle, is to pull the connector from IAC will it is cold and idling higher. It will idle high because the plunger on IAC can't lower the air flow. Now this is no solution this is just a trick to get it moving and keeping in running till you fix it.

1 minute ago, dvitha said:

One question when you start from cold does it rev a little higher then go down as it should? I have seen bad connectors on IAC and seen the IAC just go bad and not move.

Cold start this morning didn't suggest anything was going to go wrong to me, seemed like every other day.

High start, regular idle about 5ish seconds later.

check that o2 relay and the plug for the relay. clean it and check for a nice tight fit. I have had that jeep renix grease from factor on the electric get so hard as rock is messes things up. That is why c101 cleaning and delete is necessary. I have seen just the movement of the vehicle cause connection issues in the jeep renix's. Also check that fuel pressure when cold and hot. A bad pump could pump great when cold and cut in and out after warm.

Make sure you done all those cruiser tips.

24 minutes ago, dvitha said:

check that o2 relay and the plug for the relay. clean it and check for a nice tight fit. I have had that jeep renix grease from factor on the electric get so hard as rock is messes things up. That is why c101 cleaning and delete is necessary.

Make sure you done all those cruiser tips.

I'll add o2 to my checklist,

I need to update my cruiser checklist, ive done a bit.

c101 is already gone.

Got a new gasket and 2 cans of cleaner, went to town. 

Used both cans, but this was my end product.

She looks shiny and clean. First ride was this morning, no faults. 

Seemed to be the roughly the same rpm as when I had a spoon rubberband to the throttle limiter to raise the rev so it doesn't die between work. (Yeah ghetto, but works! Spoon powered Jeep!)

20180907_074612.jpg.f64a44711bd8db27f9e5d5fdc78e8058.jpg