Brake caliper bolt

I have the dana 30 out of my old 95 XJ (with abs) in my truck now, went to change a u joint last night, have a few issues with the axle stub shaft but that’s not the point of this post. 

Anyways, the upper caliper bolt is missing and the threads in the mount are non existent, what size bolt can I use to replace it? Looks like I’ll need to tap the hole bigger. 

12 hours ago, Dando said:

I have the dana 30 out of my old 95 XJ (with abs) in my truck now, went to change a u joint last night, have a few issues with the axle stub shaft but that’s not the point of this post. 

Anyways, the upper caliper bolt is missing and the threads in the mount are non existent, what size bolt can I use to replace it? Looks like I’ll need to tap the hole bigger. 

Find a drill bit that is just too big to slide through the existing hole.  Reference the hole size that comes with the tap set to find the appropriate size tap to use.  Then get a bolt that is the same size as your tap.  Drill the hole out to clean it, tap it, install your bolt.  Just make sure to get grade 8.

Take the bolt you have to Lowe's to match the thread. They probably won't have a grade 8 replacement (or whatever the metric equivalent is of grade 8), so you may have to go to Fastenall or on-line to find the right one. Use a helicoil to repair the stripped-out thread to the correct size.