Fuse Panel Replacement

Anyone here, ever replace their entire fuse panel? If so, please explain in full detail. My Comanche: 87, AX15 <--- now, 4wd, 4.0 liter - Renix, Laredo.

Is this a good alternative? Painless Performance Products Universal Fuse Block 18-Circuit. Part Number: 764-30003.

Why does the fuse panel need to be replaced? Why not replace with another Cherokee/Comanche fuse panel?

And who swapped in the AX-15? Is the transmission change related to the fuse panel issue?

I’m not sure why the panel would need to be replaced unless it was ruined by brake fluid like the previous owner did to my XJ .
I don’t remember other swaps requiring the fuse panel to be changed. Plenty have put automatic dash harness in to 5 speed XJ/mj with no issues, I got s automatic 4.0 dash harness/ fuse panel to work with a 1986 2.8 engine harness just to get a fuse panel with no chance of brake fluid damage.

In my experience if the fuse panel needs to be replaced I find another Renix era dash harness, I have no proof but I think 1986-89 maybe 1990 are the same bulk head plug.

I’ve have no experience with the pAinless wiring solution so it could be a ok option too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

9 hours ago, RestoringNV said:

Anyone here, ever replace their entire fuse panel? If so, please explain in full detail. My Comanche: 87, AX15 <--- now, 4wd, 4.0 liter - Renix, Laredo.

Is this a good alternative? Painless Performance Products Universal Fuse Block 18-Circuit. Part Number: 764-30003.

No, that Painless is not compatible with yours as a replacement. 

see page 4

See vid I posted, actually watch it. 

You will find your fuse block at Painless, the fuse block in the vid above is your block, so, I know that Painless has it, call them. That said, I highly recommend that you find a 87-90 XJ AUTO! and find a good block that you remove yourself, it's the act of removing the good one that advances your learning curve before you go stripping yours out.....besides the fact that you'll save $200. 

Find a cardboard box, a five gallon recliner, and tell the rest of the world to go pound for 2 hours................one wire at a time, NO distractions. 

Regardless of what anyone else says, I recommend you solder your clips. 

Clips can be found at Dell City. I ordered 20 singles and 10 of the 4 clip strips, the 4s can be cut down to 2s and 3s. 

On 7/8/2018 at 2:01 AM, Eagle said:

Why does the fuse panel need to be replaced? Why not replace with another Cherokee/Comanche fuse panel?

And who swapped in the AX-15? Is the transmission change related to the fuse panel issue?

Corrosion, sometime during its lifetime, either the windshield leaked or the clutch master cylinder leaked. 

No relation at all!