Daytime Running Light

Hey just wondering if anyone could tell me a way to diagnose a failed daytime running light module since there's very little info in the FSM. I have to leave it unplugged otherwise the lights never turn off and leaving it unplugged also disables my high beam indicator light on the dash.

1 hour ago, Sylar said:

a way to diagnose a failed daytime running light module

1 hour ago, Sylar said:

I have to leave it unplugged otherwise the lights never turn off

Kinda hit the nail on the head right there. 

Junkyard DRL modules are hit or miss, and new ones can be pricey. I've read you can jumper a couple pins in the connector if you want the high beam indicator to work... but frankly I prefer it out cause it's about ten times brighter than it needs to be and I don't really need it stabbing me in the face when I'm driving at night. 

Thanks, I'll try jumping the connector until i can get a replacement. I tested the red wire on the connector which comes from the ignition off draw connector and it always has 12v to it but i'm assuming that's normal and the module is just not shutting the lights off.

10 hours ago, Sylar said:

Thanks, I'll try jumping the connector until i can get a replacement. I tested the red wire on the connector which comes from the ignition off draw connector and it always has 12v to it but i'm assuming that's normal and the module is just not shutting the lights off.

What's your location? Ae you looking for the US or Canadian DRL module version?