How much is 1998 Jeep Cherokee sport worth?

JohnQ

I'm thinking of getting a 1998 jeep cherokee sport? It is 2wd and in good condition. No body damage. The only thing wrong with it is the AC compressor went out. She has around 90,000 miles on her.

What is she worth?

I would guess around $2,000 2wd's go pretty cheap. I just bought a 2wd 1997 4.0/auto cherokee for $1,000 but it has 188K and needs some work. It turnd out not to bas as good of a deal as i thought it was. it has some dents in it but no rust except for the pass side floor it has a hole from moisture getting trapped under the carpet from the AC dripping.

98 should be new enough that kbb.com can help.

kbb shows that it is worth around $3500 for a 2wd in good condition. The guy is asking $3000. I am thinking of offering him $2600 cash because of the AC issue.

I need a new daily driver. My comanche is going in the shop and I sold my rubicon last monday.

kbb shows that it is worth around $3500 for a 2wd in good condition. The guy is asking $3000. I am thinking of offering him $2600 cash because of the AC issue.

I need a new daily driver. My comanche is going in the shop and I sold my rubicon last monday.[/quote

If you do buy it I have an AC compressor for ya. Make ya a nice deal on it

I need a new daily driver. My comanche is going in the shop and I sold my rubicon last monday.

If you do buy it I have an AC compressor for ya. Make ya a nice deal on it

Thanks, I'll will be looking at it tonight. I'll let you know.