diy alignment instructions please

well i got the stearing components that i ordered a while ago in today and put them in. now as you can guess when we put it on we did a crappy job of not moving stuff to keep the alignment as dead on as possible. so now its kinda an eyeball thing. so my question is does anyone know of a way to do a diy alignment, step by step (ooo baby) instructions or a site that has them. I'm not looking to do this and leave it. i want to get it good enough to drive it somewhere that someone who isnt an idiot :D do it for me.

also, what does and alignment cost usualy?

thanks,

Jonathan

throw up a stick on both sides at exact center of the tire on level ground. Messure the rear width and then the front. you should be around a 1/4" in on the front. Others have Diff messurements but this has been what i use and it has worked great.

Cole

I used the dots method yesterday and it works great and very accurate.

Put a dot on each tire at the back half way up from the ground - silver paint pen works great.

Measure, roll the vehicle forward till the tire turns 180* and the dots are now in front measure and adjust. Repeat as necessary. You want 1/16 to 1/8 inch toe in.

ok, i think this may be simple but i just want to go over my thought process, I'm just looking to do the toe (i think) so i believe all i have to do is measure the tire half way up on the forward side of the axle. and measure the distance from that point to the same point on the other tire. then do the same thing on the same tire, just to the rear of the axle. then i sould take the average and set both the measurements the same. then i should toe in (birds eye view of the front tires with the hood facing towords the bottom of the page) like this \-----/ 1/16th to 1/8th of an inch?

hopefully i understand this and am thinking this correctly.

Thanks,

Jonathan