brake line source

is there any company out there that makes pre-bent brake lines? I lost one a couple of years ago on the rear left axle, and now the one that comes up and over the rear axle blew. Fun when you're driving! Instead of patching yet another piece in until another blows out....any ideas?

Tom

:headpop:

is there any company out there that makes pre-bent brake lines? I lost one a couple of years ago on the rear left axle, and now the one that comes up and over the rear axle blew. Fun when you're driving! Instead of patching yet another piece in until another blows out....any ideas?

Tom

:headpop:

Why not just make your own? Bending brake lines is pretty simple. I've built custom set-ups for some of my sports cars, and it takes minimal time and few special tools. Using Aeroquips at the corners also helps.

I have trouble splicing a line. I have a decent bender, I just know I'd end up with a giant pretzel, and be tangled at the middle of it. How do you got about it? I'm not even sure what the apparatus you mentioned does.

Do you get a giant length (is is 3/8"?) of steel tubing and make the bends, or do it piecemeal?

thanks

Tom :popcorn:

Jim--

Looks like my rear hose that goes into the splitter on the axle is beat up, so I'm going to replace it. I think I remember you doing a longer one (I'm lifted 3-4") from -- was it a van??

Anyone?

thanks

tom

Jim--

Looks like my rear hose that goes into the splitter on the axle is beat up, so I'm going to replace it. I think I remember you doing a longer one (I'm lifted 3-4") from -- was it a van??

Anyone?

thanks

tom

Dodge van? I'm just guessing...

All your brakeline troubles can be solved here:

http://www.russellperformance.com/automotive/

http://www.stainlesssteelbrakes.com/

Yup. I got one, as Pete recommended, for a 95, and it was 3-4" longer than original. I did away with the return line and the proportioning valve, and I actually have pretty solid tube from front to back now. Don't need to go through THAT again.

Thanks Pete

Tom :redX: