Hello

JeepcoMJ

22 minutes ago, saveevryjp1998 said:

That's amazing you do everything for your brother like maintaining and owning an airplane to fly him to appointments. Hats off sir, especially in this day and age. As for everyone else and the fear of heights and flying comments, I got a good chuckle.

Thank you.

The airplane thing is a plan, not a current reality.  It will be a neat excuse to own an airplane.

18 minutes ago, saveevryjp1998 said:

Well I hope it becomes reality for you and your brother. It will be a flight he and you will always remember.

Shame is, he hates to fly.  But he hates 16 hrs in a car even more.  Flight is 4.5 hours total.

Please keep updating this thread.   Also in the small aircraft business, (i'm in charge of operations at a small GA airport, and detail airplanes on the side).  Its neat to see other people that work in the business and how their hangers and airports are set up.   I scoured your pics to see what was going on in the background.    

8 hours ago, Lthompson741 said:

Please keep updating this thread.   Also in the small aircraft business, (i'm in charge of operations at a small GA airport, and detail airplanes on the side).  Its neat to see other people that work in the business and how their hangers and airports are set up.   I scoured your pics to see what was going on in the background.    

You got it

This took 3 days solo.

Also had to determin some combustion heater issues on a Seneca 2 (pilot error...thought closing external air would recirculated internal air to heat faster, was causing thermostat overheat), and install new mags @ +20° on the same plane.  The mags were fine until the last one...on and off 20x, and 5x in, I had already decided the distributor timing was off, but my supervisor was inconvinces.  Low and behold, on disassembly of the mag, it was off.

This week I've got a cirrus annual, next week avionics upgrades on a navion range master ($50k in labor and equipment) plus annual on it.

It's nice being booked until June already...there's alot scheduled out.

I'll be opening a "other projects" thread for aircraft.

20180319_124615.jpg

20180319_135425.jpg

20180319_135431.jpg

20180322_113655.jpg

20180323_090054.jpg

20180323_090100.jpg

20180323_090744.jpg

Definitely keep this thread going.  Brings back memories of hanging at airports while learning to fly then being in aviation club.  I got my private in my 40s, flew for a few years until work and life got in the way.  The most relaxing, stress removing activity I’ve ever done (with the exception of a few Aw S#&$s!).  I still look up every time a prop job goes over and when I drive by a small airport I have the urge to pull in, find an instructor and go bore some holes through the sky.  Thanks for sharing your world.

Best wishes for your brother’s health.