Want to Trade for or buy Comanche parts

SatiricalHen

-Looking for a back panel, if really cheap, or a write up to make one.

-Rear speaker brackets that go in the b pillar if cheap

-drivers side tail light with no hole, don't care much what it looks like if the lens is whole.

-would like the bolt for the rear tailgate latch on the body side, the ones that the tail gate supports hook to ( don't need asap, but if someone is getting ready to scrap a Comanche or something I'll take them)

- 2wd ax-15 (basically if someone is scrapping one I'll throw you a few bucks over scrap, but not looking to spend a fortune)

most of these parts are if I get them cheap or on trade. I don't have a lot of cash, but know there are Comanches and Cherokees with these parts everyday being scrapped and I'd like to save these parts if possible. 

I have a few Cherokee parts and a few Comanche parts. All of the Cherokee parts I have would be off of or for a 97+ since that’s what I have, and I have, or can get a few Comanche parts. If you’re wanting to trade let me know what you might be looking for and we can try and work something out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Another thing I’m looking for is a black (if they made black) or grey/dark grey (the darker the better) 3 spoke steering wheel. All these parts I’m casually looking for, aka being scrapped or tossed out and you want a little more than the yard will pay.

Maybe in your state its different but around Indiana, Ohio, Illinios, and Kentucky its hard to find a Comanche in the yard. Being scrapped everyday? Older cherokees are starting to seriously dry up. The national chains usually only have 1 or 2 past 96 anymore and smaller maw and paw yards are starting to charge a heck of a lot more for some of those parts. Because of their age many yards are starting to consider them vintage or classic. Either way its money time and gas getting there and pulling the parts. You may consider trying to do the leg work yourself or at least be a little more realistic. You have posted this add before and in a different way. I know people reached out to you to help including myself. You got to realize shipping costs money too. People on here are not trying to get rich selling parts but even a $20 window panel took time to pull, gas driving around to find it(probably going to a dozen different honey spots), shipping, and time and gas to get it shipped to help the guy out who is sitting at home typing an add.

1 hour ago, saveevryjp1998 said:

Maybe in your state its different but around Indiana, Ohio, Illinios, and Kentucky its hard to find a Comanche in the yard. Being scrapped everyday? Older cherokees are starting to seriously dry up. The national chains usually only have 1 or 2 past 96 anymore and smaller maw and paw yards are starting to charge a heck of a lot more for some of those parts. Because of their age many yards are starting to consider them vintage or classic. Either way its money time and gas getting there and pulling the parts. You may consider trying to do the leg work yourself or at least be a little more realistic. You have posted this add before and in a different way. I know people reached out to you to help including myself. You got to realize shipping costs money too. People on here are not trying to get rich selling parts but even a $20 window panel took time to pull, gas driving around to find it(probably going to a dozen different honey spots), shipping, and time and gas to get it shipped to help the guy out who is sitting at home typing an add.

I'm worried for 2018.  Louisville's Pull-A-Part had at least 15 XJs and one MJ last year.  A couple XJs i think were Renix.  I wish I had taken advantage of this more than i did because now they have only 3 XJs,:  a 96, 98 & 99 model.  Hoping they move more in this Spring as i love this place.  Could spend hours there. Deep down, I'm afraid that this may be a sign of the times, however.   

Bud its over in a couple more years and people need to wake up. Anything coming in now will be trashed and rusted down. The only mjs i find are buried on 3 stacks of cars next to crusher or on 700 acres of hillbilly heaven which I need a chainsaw mudwaders and a deep appreciation of snakes 6 months of the year. Those places that I have found were cleaned through. A motor transmission and transfer case is like catching hungry bluegills through the ice on a bare jig in the winter. Even finding a pre 91 xj is as exciting here as an mj.

Cash for clunkers wiped a huge chunk out and people don't realize that for 4 or more years there was a rush of em into the yards which seemed like they would be around forever wrong. 2018-1996 is 21 years. How many 21 year old cars do you see of one particular make in any yard? That is my point. The only reason the numbers are around as is because of the people who have owned and maintained these vehicles and there were so many made.

There is a Comanche in the yard near me, I realized shipping cost money, and I realize pulling cost time. I’ve gone out to yards all over my area. I understand it’s rare that Comanches in particular are scrapped. Some people just want parts to go to a good home so they’ll let go of them cheaper. I know a few guys I’ve talked to have let go of drivetrains for next to nothing because they were 2wd or no one wanted them. Well I’m putting it out there that I want it in case it’s going to get tossed. Don’t think I’m not actively going to yards and searching too. I’m not lazy as you are implying. I’m just reaching out to as many venues as I can hoping to get a good deal on parts. A 2wd ax-15 can come from tons of Cherokees and Comanches, and I know a lot of guys do 4wd swaps both Comanche and Cherokee. The thing is there are tons of these scrapped everyday which is why there are so few in the yards.

Not mjs and not with back panels and to ship em costs near 50 bucks.

Just last week a guy on Cherokee forum said he saw a Comanche crushed and only had time to save the Lund visor off of it. Taillights, interior, and drivetrain all gone. The one at the local yard was completely picked and soon to be crushed.

• 1 month later...

Found a guy with over 60 jeeps he was parting/scrapping. 2 Comanches, at least 6 renix Cherokees, At least 4 2 door Comanches, at least 18 Cherokees pre 97, and at least 5 97+ Cherokees. Reason I say at least is because they were spread across 2 properties and it was hard trying to keep track and count all of them. Got a 2wd ax-15 for $40 and a back panel from a Comanche for $10 probably going to head back there when I get some money and get an engine. But back on topic. Since I got an ax-15 I now just need a bellhousing and the slave cylinder stuff. 

Found a guy with over 60 jeeps he was parting/scrapping. 2 Comanches, at least 6 renix Cherokees, At least 4 2 door Comanches, at least 18 Cherokees pre 97, and at least 5 97+ Cherokees. Reason I say at least is because they were spread across 2 properties and it was hard trying to keep track and count all of them. Got a 2wd ax-15 for $40 and a back panel from a Comanche for $10 probably going to head back there when I get some money and get an engine. But back on topic. Since I got an ax-15 I now just need a bellhousing and the slave cylinder stuff. 
Wheres this at?!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

27 minutes ago, saveevryjp1998 said:

Yeah all those jeeps, surely there was a bellhousing. 

There was not a bellhousing. That was the only manual 6 cylinder Cherokee. No wranglers he was parting, all were grand and Cherokees I believe. 

59 minutes ago, krustyballer16 said:

Wheres this at?!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

In Georgia somewhere, I don’t know the address or anything. I rode with my roommate down there planning to find a sensor and ended up buying a trans, back panel, trim around the gauges, and a plug to use a GM IAT sensor. I can tell you it’s about an hour from Clemson. He’s starting an offroad park behind the junkyard too so when you break you can just buy parts to fix there. I plan to go back soon if anyone needs stuff I could probably pull and ship stuff. I’ve done it before for a few people.