My First Jeep

I bought this Comanche back in July and have been using it as my daily driver. Its a 1987, 4x4, automatic and has a 4.0 HO and odometer that reads 117,xxx. I love this thing and the attention it brings. Doesn't matter where i go somebody always has something to say about it. My wife isn't that big of a fan of the truck but she knows it makes me happy so she puts up with it.

It does have a few problems, the power steering went out and is a pain in tight parking lots. The turn signals work, but you have to hold it down when signaling left (the right clicks into place and works fine). The passenger door is from another jeep and i don't think it sits properly and is super noisy on the road. The speedometer bounces between 30 and 46, the oil pressure gauge doesn't move and the steering wheel/column is wobbly.

It also has some cool things too. The rear bumper is steel and i think its from the dealership which i don't think you see that often. And there is also a sun roof which i still don't know if i like it yet.

IMG_0816.JPG.fe09c57ff681c8979e3a0d5f27bafa89.JPG

IMG_0828.JPG.225043be3d6f91ec4ebe747bfefd61eb.JPG

IMG_0824.JPG.ab3f7264d596efac1d148da616db7ac0.JPG

IMG_0820.JPG.2a38700edd94e8293120fe25f2f568f4.JPG

Good looking (mj)eep. Whatever it takes, fix that passenger her side door. If mama ain't happy, no one's happy. Any technical questions should be posted under MJ TECH. More eyes on the topic. Something is wrong with your grill, I'm not sure what it is, maybe some else can help here.

On 2/17/2018 at 8:14 PM, Jake the Snake said:

The turn signals work, but you have to hold it down when signaling left (the right clicks into place and works fine).

In the short 7-months I've had mine, I've had two issues with turn signals.  Similar symptoms.  Both were remedied by inspecting for bad contacts, cleaning the heck out of the bulb sockets, both front and back (and replacing the ones that were beyond bad).  Try that if you already hadn't.  

Same wife issues, by the way.