Turn Signals Don't Work

Thanks to the advice in my no start thread, I have a Comanche that's running again! Now, I decided to tackle the turn signal issue. I don't have any brake lights, but the running lights work. I also don't have turn signals. When I flip the lever I don't have anything pop up on the dash- there is no annoying turn signal clicking or anything of that nature. What do you think could be the cause of this, or what should I do to test other possibilities?

Also, I noticed that when I drive, the thermostat gauge is illuminated red, but the truck is not over heating. It has been around 3 or 4 degrees F around these parts lately and I'm curious if that's causing the recent flare. 

5 minutes ago, Pete M said:

does anything work when you turn on the hazards?  

what do you mean by "illuminated red"  

Pete, the hazards do in fact work. 

As for the red, my dash doesn't have needles that point to anything it just shows the temperature symbol and behind it is a red light on the gauge 

I just had an issue with the turn signals not blinking - the lights would turn on but not blink, both on the dash and outside. Hazards worked fine. Ended up replacing the relay to fix.  

You could swap the hazard relay with the blinker relay for troubleshooting.

turn signal relay.jpg