Second Louey

My first rig was Sarge (current icon) and my parts rig was Louey but never driven till I got Second Louey which is my not quite ready for prime time daily driver.

Plans are in motion and changing as I go because I got my lpg system back and my ‘84 a75e67ca4fe660ef492d7a6a1ff883aa.jpgJ10 will get done too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whats the view like from the drivers seat with the visor?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I pulled it off first thing so I didn’t pay attention. It’s taken since June to get the septic working here so I can relax a bit between Dr trips for me and the wife.

I got the 4.0L working well. It needed a tune up and they filled the motor with ATF instead of oil but at only 107,000 miles it should be fine except the body rusting off around it. Wish I could say the same about the 2.5L in the daily driver.

Figures that I found a 2dr XJ with cherry condition doors.

I hope this saves my tag line.

My Comanches:
2nd Louey 1987 SB Sporttruck
2.5L/AX-4 2wd (for now) 3.55 D35 205/75R/15 with studs and new windshield and headliner.

First Louey 1988 SB Sporttruck
4.0L/BA10/5 2wd (for now) 3.07 D35 235/75R/15 on steel wheels

90 MJ LB parts rig. 107K miles rustbucket from the belt 4.0/Auto with matching front axle for 2Lt.

• 4 months later...

I found an old photo of Sarge (my first ‘88 shortbox 4.0L converted to auto 4x4, SOA D35 3.73 gears and 33” tires)

The other photo is the ‘00 XJ doors from a 2dr that I plan to use on an as yet not purchased  longbed MJ with my shortbed and rear of the ‘88 shortbox cab grafted on. (No floors and possibly compromised frame but it’s 4.0L)

3AA2C0F1-2CBF-4948-B5A5-9EC27E1B3958.png

0CF16EC5-C4D1-48AE-BE6C-75A50A31BD6C.jpeg

• 2 months later...

Second Louey is no more. 🤬🤬

I had just figured out it’s running issues (cv instead of PCV with TBI made it run awesome, but it all went suddenly dead. It started running fine.
Then I got run off the road by a drug dealer. He came around a blind corner (tall brush, narrow gravel downhill road with a sharp right) in my lane, against the edge of the road on my side to hit me head on, but I went in the ditch and passed him and his cronies in an ‘80s diesel E350 van that was loaded.
I caught a rock before the culvert, got airborne and landed back on the road. I saw them stop just up the hill and thought it was an accident at first, but when I backed up to ask WTF was happening, my throttle went wide open and it was stuck in reverse. I shut the key off and stopped when I was on the edge of the other side, and I felt a BUMP, and next I knew I was rolling end over and landed on my roof and they drove away.
1/2 an hour later, my honking ran the battery down. Tried calling out on my phone and got “You are not authorized to make calls from this area” and the same message in multiple languages. (My cell phone company denies any such message exists) Somehow I got my fat butt through the driver’s side window and perched on the rock and stump (while the truck was upside down and caught on them)
A couple renting a site for the weekend just down from my place happened by and I hollered “Call 911!” They stopped and threw me a tow strap but it took two tied together to reach me!
I pulled my laundry basket out and climbed up the hill. They (and I) were amazed I wasn’t seriously hurt (pain didn’t start to set in till 24 hours later when the adrenaline wore off) I was able to reach 911 with their phone no problem (same service as mine and same iPhone!)
I tried to find my new mirror mounted dashcam but couldn’t and the fire department rescue and police didn’t either. No uplink because of no service there. I found my mirror about 25 feet from where my truck landed after the tow truck hauled 2nd Louie out. 4.5 hours later. (Tow rig got there at @ 9pm and accident was 4:20) I went home, caught a nap after getting what I could from the cab (rear window blew out during the recovery. New Windshield was shattered in the fall. New ceiling panel was ruined. New tires still held air but had chunks of wood and dirt stuck into the bead. Except for the crushed cab roof and broken Right tail light, it still looked pretty good. Even the new battery and radiator seemed okay. (Nothing left in clutch master and gear oil all over the interior from the 4 speed but no gas smell from the just filled fuel tank) They towed it to inspection by police since I passed the intoxication test to see if any paint was traded. (I saw the van with banned for life driver but it’s a private road. Luckily I had cooled down by then or I might have gone Walking Tall on them. He didn’t admit fault but said he’d help me any way he can as a neighbor.
I went back there after my nap in the Barbie car ($700 ‘02 Malibu that had a blown headgasket right after arriving in WA state and getting stuck in traffic less than 100 miles from home) I tied my tree climbing rope through the holes in the wheel and rappelled down to get my coat (my other keys were in it) and I found my army bag so I stuffed it with everything I could find in the blackberry and sticker bushes. Jack handle. Portable Air compressor. Clothes. Tools, etc.
Now I’m waiting for my truck to come back from the tow yard storage and use parts from it to fix original Louie. I’m going to need a RH tail light. (All three are broken.)